Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

95 Digital Readout

Gorgon

Corvette
None
Occassionally when driving the LCD goes totally wacko and gets all jarbled. This usually happens where there is a sharp jolt to the car from bumps in the road, road reflectors, etc. A sharp rap to the display brings it back in line. The previous owner said he just had it replaced. This leads me to believe that it is just a matter of a ground loosing connection on the connector, possibly some minor corrosion on the connector. Any thoughts before I tear into the dash?

Hmmmmmmm

Could you be more specific on what was actually replaced... do you have his invoice?

Is it just the center section... or the whole instrument cluster?

Vig!

I don't have his invoice.

And yes, it's just the center digital portion of the display.

Are any codes set?

The ground for the dash ( center section )
LCD power ground is on pin A-7

This is circut 150

Then goes to gnd #203
( internal of harness..I think)
Then to BODY GND #201, up under the dash right side @ top of where a kick panel would be.

BTW this is the book fix... check this grn first!

Vig!

Since I'm new to vettes all of two weeks now, I'm not sure how to check codes. How would I know if one was set? Would I need a code reader?

Doesn't seem to be much in the owner's manual and I haven't received my service manual yet.

Or this

Reposted from Cruise... who got it from Rabbit

I don't know if this will work on your '96, but on my '94, I had the key turned off, took a paperclip and connected the #4 and # 12 pins, then turned the key on and wrote down my error codes.

I posted this issue on July 25th, titled Error codes on OBD2 for a '94.
Here is one of the responses that I recieved.

It might work for you

The procedure Cruise used will work on a 95. The 16 pin connector is numbered left to right, 1 thru 8. The bottom is, left to right 9 thru 16. Ground pins 4 & 12 & then turn ignition "on" but not to start.
After turning the ignition on the CCM will display any DTC"S & the module to which they apply in an automatic display sequence. The CCM is module 1.
The PCM/ECM is module 4. The ABS/TCS EBTCM is module 9. The DERM is module A

During display each DTC is displayed for 3 secs, The end of the DTC list for each module is indicated by "___" being displayed in the speedo..

A C-12 indicates no stored DTC"S for the CCM.

When all DTC"S have been displayed the trip monitor will display 1.0 & the speedometer will be blank.

There was a recall for a similar problem

Look in the CAC Knowledge base...under electrical... this MIGHT be the first signs of this problem.

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom