Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

95 Lt1

S

showtime

Well guys i really loved that 86 but could not cut a deal,he would not budge. If had not seen the mouse damage under the hood {wires chewed}i would probably own that car even at 14.500.I looked at alot of cars over the last few weeks found a sweet little 95 Lt1, polo green, 46.000 miles 16k I will pick her up monday.the dealer is offering 4yr after market warranty for 1300,good anywhere in country but not at dealerships {they will not pay there labor rates} whats your thoughts?

Save your $1300

Have the car inspected first.... buy a 3rd party!!!! YOU MUST DO THIS !

Get the damn thing up in the air and check those wheel bearings.. brake pads.. leaks etc.

What's the dealer warranty 30 days ?

Is it a dealer..or Used car lot.. what's the history?????

Run a car fax on it

I have had to many hassle's with the aftermarket warrantys... they always fight you on stuff.
for roughly 1500 more 9 years newer!

It sounds like a better deal though, over all.

Mike

one owner traded in on new vette.purchased by used car dealer,no lift available but looked as much as i could no evidence of leaks on frame etc. Great ride no rattles or squeaks,brakes seemed ok. NO way Ill be able thto pull e wheels. Showtime

Yo Jersey

Don't they have inspection stations & or Mechanics where you live?

In CA there are service companies that do ONLY that, for about $80.00

Mike

Showtime, give me the VIN and I'll run a check for you....... BTW, listen to these other folks and get a mechanic to look at the car! Don't make the same mistake I did. I, too, "looked" at my shiny new 95 torch red coupe..but didn't have the tools, know-how to really "look" at it. Besides, it was such a pretty, shiny red...and it did ride soooooooo nice! And I wanted it--NOW! Well, after forking over the bucks for the car, and driving it to the house, I find over the ensuing two weeks of ownership that the rear disk brakes (pads and rotors) are nearly shot, the parking brake doesn't work, there's a fuel smell that I didn't notice during my 5-minute "check" ride...caused by two bad injectors....the emissions air pump is on the fritz, and the car leaks like a sieve....thanks to bad weatherstripping pretty much all the way around. The bill to fix all this?.....about $2100! So, fork over the $80-100 to have an EXPERT look at the car....pay 'em now, or risk pay 'em A WHOLE LOT more later. Just my thoughts...of course, I could be wrong. Worthey:(

What does that book say about a 92 driver?

Showtime, it is last Monday night out there. Tell us if you bought it, and what you think of the deal. I have bought a lot of cars including 9 Corvettes, and on most of them I felt I did allright even without the complete inspection that would always be nice to have done.

HEY SHOW TIME?IS THAT THE VETTE IN THE AUTO SHOPPER???HAVE YA TRIED "CONTES "IN VINELAND???OR KERBECK IN AC???...T@...

showtime....check out autotrader.com

They have several 1986 vettes in the low $13,000 range....all low mileage...some of them incredibly low.

Newbie thanks for the info it was greatly appreciated, and thanks everyone for your input. Tony;yes it was in auto shopper, brought it home yesterday in the snow and rain no leaks.Man these cars are awsome been reading manual,cruising,checking out gadgets all day Its amazing I feel 20 years younger.So far so good. Answering the question about kerbeck thats where the 86 was,man are they anal lots of vettes but strange to deal with. dont know anything about the service end of the dealership,have to find a decent one to deal with.

!COOL!,,HERES THE WAVE SHOWTIME!!!WE'RE NOT 2 FAR AWAY,IM IN WILLIAMSTOWN,,,,ENJOY THE 95!!!

Tony who is the vette guru in this area? Im just outside hammonton on rt 542. Showtime

HEY SHOW,I WORK NIGHTS,SO HERES A LINK,CHECK OUT ALL THE INFO ON JOE'S SITE>>> http://www.contes.com <<< FOR PARTS I USE MID AMERICA,,,CORVETTE CENTRAL,,,CORVETTE AMERICA,,,BTW THAY AINT THAT INVOLVED TO WORK ON,AND A.B.C. AUTO PARTS CAN ORDER MOST ANY PART YA NEED,AND SEEM TO BE CHEAPER THAN MOST!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom