Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'95 Power Windows

R

Rod in OKC

In going over the "new" car to personalize it, I removed the extremely dark tint that the previous owner had put on the windows. In doing this, however, I must have wobbled the driver's window too much and heard something fall to the bottom of the inside of the door. Figuring that I'd take the door panel off later to see what it was, I then found that the window glass would now rock back and forth (from front to back) with about 1 1/2 inches of travel.

I went ahead and took the door panel off and located the pieces that had broken. On the bottom of the window, at the very front, there is a piece that fastens to the window and (apparently) either wraps around or rubs against a vertical bar inside the door. My guess is that this keeps the window aligned. Has anyone else had to repair this? Is the part readily available?

Then, making it even worse, as I was testing the window travel using the power window switch, all of a sudden it quit working. Nothing that I know of jammed the window. It must be electrical. When I turn the ignition key to the ON position, I hear the relay ahead of the switch click. Any bets on whether it's the switch, relay, or motor? Any way to test this? I'm hoping it's just the switch.

Rod

I got some scans of the '95" window & brackets which shud help ID the part your looking for. I'm sure there are plenty of parts around. If you don't have a source ctc. Jeff Koop at Superior Chevy Parts Dept. 800 728-8267

I f you would like the scans let me know at roman67844@cs.com

:Steer :Steer :Steer

Rod
I've Just done the window repair to mine.
You'll need GM part no:10243037 'Guide'.
This is the small black bracket that bolts to the window and has a felt fork on its other end and does indeed act as a guide.
An hour of fiddling around and you'll be done.
Paid £8 for the part so expect $8 or so for you.
Can't help with your electrical troubles.

94LTI :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom