Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 96 LT1 AC Vents

VA96LT1

Corvette
1996 LT1 Torch Red Coupe
I'm having a hard time understanding the proper operation of the a/c system.

My car:
Car: 96 LT1 Auto Coupe
Manual climate control system
Cruise control does work

The other day coming home I turned the ac on as soon as I got in the car. Outside temp. about 95. It took about 10-15 minutes, but cool/colder air did finally start coming out of the side/center vents as opposed to just the defrost and floor. Fan speed at 3/4. Once that happened it was a fairly comfortable ride.

I've replaced the vacumm check valve and it the ac still has the vent problem. Cruse control works fine.

I've heard that it might be the ac program module up under the dash. Anyone with a 96 perform this fix? I took a look the other day and didn't see the module. May have been looking at the wrong area.
Any thought?

Update...I decided to check the fuses. According to the owners manual, fuses 1, 5, 18, and 43 appear to have something to do with the HVAC system. When I opened up the fuse panel, I noticed that fuse 1 and 43 were missing. Was able to insert a new 5A fuse for slot 43. 5 & 18 were fine. Slot 1 looks like it's missing the metal contacts to hold the fuse. Can't get a fuse to stay in. Any suggestions? Hate to think I have to replace the entire fuse panel holder. Still looking for the control module.:confused

Went back and took another look for the control module. No joy. My car has a plastic shield covering up much of the under side. There is some stuff on the other side of the shield, but I can't see what it is. Looking at the gas pedal, there is nothing above the gas pedal going up to the firewall.

Hopefully I can get a hold of a 96 FSM.

This and the fuse holder has been really confused.

Went back and took another look for the control module. No joy. My car has a plastic shield covering up much of the under side. There is some stuff on the other side of the shield, but I can't see what it is. Looking at the gas pedal, there is nothing above the gas pedal going up to the firewall.

Hopefully I can get a hold of a 96 FSM.

This and the fuse holder has been really confused.

Regarding the fuse panel, not all of the fuse slots are always used. There are probably 1 or 2 there that would be reserved for opt-68, electronic a/c control. So yours may not have been wired for that.

The programmer is for electronic a/c vent control.

Regarding the fuse panel, not all of the fuse slots are always used. There are probably 1 or 2 there that would be reserved for opt-68, electronic a/c control. So yours may not have been wired for that.

The programmer is for electronic a/c vent control.

Thanks

Slot one would not accept a fuse. 43 was also missing a fuse and I was able to put one in. I'll go back and see if it has the contacts..?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom