Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 '96 LT4 Tires

1996 LT4 Topic
Corvette
'96 LT4 Coupe, White/Red
I replaced the tires on my LT4 today. I had ordered a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's in March but my tire dealer told me they were on backorder. Long story short, Goodyear kept moving out the production date and I needed to look for options as the old BF Goodrich tires on my car were worn to a dangerous point. I ended up with a set of Kumho Ecsta SPT's. Hind site being what it is, what are you thoughts about these tires? Has anyone mounted these tires on their LT4? Impressions of these tires?

Hi, Just saw your question and I feel you made a excellent choice. On my 96 I put on sumitomo's, I only drive the car in the summer so why not go with a great performance tire that's only good for warm weather. I plan on putting the brand of tire's you purchased on my C-5, right now it has michelin pilot's and I don't like them at all. hard riding and noisy compared to my sumitomo's. Because of size cosideration and being almost identical to the sumitomo's I'm going with the kumhos when I use up a little more tread on the pilot's :upthumbs

From everything that I've heard the Kumhos are a good tire. I nearly bought the ASX's for my 94 but ended up with Falken tires.

From everything that I've heard the Kumhos are a good tire. I nearly bought the ASX's for my 94 but ended up with Falken tires.
I put Kumho ASX's on my C5,and there will NEVER be another GoodYear on my car!!Great Wet Traction,Great Dry Traction,Good Snow and Ice,Smooth Ride and Quiet!!30,000 miles plus so far and I can hear my Stereo!!I think I'll get better than 55,000-60,000 miles out of them!!:upthumbs

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Sounds like the Kumho's should do just fine on my car. Now it's time to go put some miles on them!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom