Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

97 vette owners

S

snow0925

Have any of you 97 owners experienced any major problems with your vette. Ready to buy one but want to make sure they are fairly reliable. I like the idea of only 9,000 made that's the reason for the purchase of a 97.
Many Thanks

I bought A 97 in sep 2001 w/ 24k. So far I havent had any diff. I only had one "ck engine" which was only a faulty air valve in which the dealer replaced. It was a $5.00 part. I don't have any issues w/ the oil burnings the newer model years are having either, then again I don't race the car too. I bought it from phoenixville pont. in limerick via ebay. Triple black ,auto coupe. Also, 28mpg going to myrtle beach!now have 40k. no lie. good luck! les

Triple black?

I was under the impression that the 97s were all coupes. Triple black refers to black outside, black interior and a black ragtop. Where is the third black?
--Drew:w

That's a hoot!

:s Or could be Guinness stains.:drink

Re: That's a hoot!

Drewser said:
:s Or could be Guinness stains.:drink
Ok you got me. It is A coupe and not tri black. Also however, I do drink Guiness and have spilled it in my car while showing it to A friend. It cleaned up easily though. les

97 C5

I love my 97 C5, no problem at all about 47,000 miles on it. Just had the right rear tire sensor replaced, minor problem, but cost a few $$$.
Have fun,
Bob

I also love my '97 and couldn't imagine not owning it, but I've experienced a few problems since buying it in 2000. First, I endure the whine of the fuel pump because the previous owner never had it fixed under warranty. Maybe I'll have that replaced when I get around to fixing the intermittent fuel sending unit problem that causes the gas gauge to indicate "Empty". Lastly, the steering column locked-up and I had to have it by-passed. Hopefully, I won't have any other problems as there doesn't seem to be any inexpensive repairs for Corvettes.

Luv my '97. Everything on it works! And it all runs just great. If the previous owner wouldn't have scratched the clear coat on the bumper, it would be perfect. I have a defective run flat tire that growls at high speed, but other than that, it's perfect.
Everyone warned me about buying the first year of the model, but it's been a pure delight and I have no regrets.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom