Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a/c blower switch

R

resto75

I need to know if the blower switch is in the high position when its all the way to the right or is that the off position.
Mine is off all the way to the right but I don't seem to have a high. I might have a bad switch.
This is on a 1975 with the older style console

Thanks Roy

If I remember correctly there is an inline fuse for the high speed blower. If I get a minute I will check one of mine and let you know for sure. It was either under the hood or the dash. Fred

Roy , I just checked the book and it says that there is a 30 amp inline fuse for vettes equipped with air. This is for the high speed blower. I'll still check mine later for the location. Fred

Check the high speed relay. Its located under the hood on the firewall just to the right of the heater/ac box if you are loking from the front of the car. Chuck

Had same problem with my 72, had to change the switch in the console.

I'll have to check for the fuse first as it sounds like it only effects the high blower setting. If not i'll dig deeper. I do need to know if the far right setting is suppose to be high or off ????

The far right setting is for high speed. Hope this helps with the problem. The left is off and then low,medium,and high. Fred

Ok tks mine has a problem of some kind then.I'll check the fuse and check from there.

Well I solved the blower problem. It was a burnt out blower relay. I only had lo and med but no high. Replaced the relay and now it blows up a storm.

i have a 77 and my swith is ok, i didn't really think to work on it yet, but if it is something as simple as a relay i'll take a look because med air isn't cutting it, when i get in her after work she's heated to at least 105 inside- parked in the shade, can anyone point out the location of the blower relay on a 77?

thanks
sam

Mine was in the passenger side of the firewall just over the ac/heater box. It is a silver colored oblong metal can with (1) three spade connector and (1) single connector. Yours would probably be located somewhere close to the same. It could be painted over if someone has resprayed your engine compartment however. Took about 1 min to replace.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom