Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a/c display overly dim

kens99vette

Corvette
99 navy met. coupe
I just bought my first vette, its a 99 coupe. The car runs and drives great. I am trying to figure out why the display for the a/c controls are very dim. In daylight hours they are almost invisible. The dimmer is turned all the way up, the displays on the dash and the radio are normal. Any suggestions as to why they are so dim would be a great help. THANKS

Ken - Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Here are 2 threads involving the issue you mentioned. In the thread I posted, my mechanic replaced my head unit at the same time that he replaced an actuator that was broken. In the other thread, one of our members suggested that resoldering the connections on back of the control board (or mother board???) fixes the problem.

Fix

or

Replace

If you're mechanically inclined or have a friend that is, you may be able to fix it yourself. If not, head unit replacement may be necessary.

Good luck!
:wJane Ann

Hi Ken! Welcome. I am sure you, like me, will find that this site is great for info about your Vette.
Ken, if you don't feel up to trying to resolder the connections on your display (and hope that solves the problem), you can find repaired units on ebay most all the time for $100. or so. Here is a link to a recent one.
I replaced mine a couple of years ago............not too bad a job.
Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/REBUILT-98-CORV...47121QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I have a 1999 Corvette that also had the air conditioning display that was dim. If you E-mail Dave Ruberg at digitalguy_1@charter.net he can repair your display. He charged me $55.00 and that included the shipping back. He repairs your display the same day he gets it so your not without it for a long time. This might be something for you to look into. If I can be of any more help let me know.

I have a 1999 Corvette .....

Robert - thanks for the input and welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

I've heard lots of praise about Dave's work and fast turn-around though I never knew anyone who dealt with him personally.

thanks so much for all your help

Ken - Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Here are 2 threads involving the issue you mentioned. In the thread I posted, my mechanic replaced my head unit at the same time that he replaced an actuator that was broken. In the other thread, one of our members suggested that resoldering the connections on back of the control board (or mother board???) fixes the problem.

Fix

or

Replace

If you're mechanically inclined or have a friend that is, you may be able to fix it yourself. If not, head unit replacement may be necessary.

Good luck!
thanks so much for all your help. I'm pretty mechanical so I might give it a whirl after all it's not readable now so it cant get any dimmer.

Thanks

Hi Ken! Welcome. I am sure you, like me, will find that this site is great for info about your Vette.
Ken, if you don't feel up to trying to resolder the connections on your display (and hope that solves the problem), you can find repaired units on ebay most all the time for $100. or so. Here is a link to a recent one.
I replaced mine a couple of years ago............not too bad a job.
Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/REBUILT-98-CORV...47121QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
wow this site is really alot of hellp! I work at the cape so hopefuly I can get someone to solder it for me. Thanks so much for all your help

thank you

I have a 1999 Corvette that also had the air conditioning display that was dim. If you E-mail Dave Ruberg at digitalguy_1@charter.net he can repair your display. He charged me $55.00 and that included the shipping back. He repairs your display the same day he gets it so your not without it for a long time. This might be something for you to look into. If I can be of any more help let me know.
thank yo for taking the time to write back . This is going to be an excelent option, I will look into it and visit the web site.:L:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom