Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C Help

Big Ed

Corvette
1981 Silver metallic
I had just finished replacing the radiator in my silver '81 and decided to do the job right and replace all the hoses and belts as well. Unfortunately as I was running the car to check for leaks, with the A/C running, to check the new belt, the high pressure hose between the compressor and condenser blew out! Very dramatic, loud bang, whistling sound as freon bled down, and red leak check dye everywhere. Question is, where is the best (cheapest) place to buy a replacement hose?

Big Ed ~ Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Community & The L81 Vette Registry ~

Big Ed,

I've had good success with the local Chevrolet Dealer in finding some parts. All in All they are priced very competitely with other source's for the same type parts.

Also a check with your local Parts Store or garage that does Air Conditioning repairs and checks might lead to that hose you're looking for.

Nice to see you here.

Please take a minute or two and check out the "Survey" at the L81 Vette Registry. Our 1981 Corvette Data Base is GROWING :D

Good Luck, there is enough "Hot Air" out there without having your air conditioner helping it along ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom