Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C is Abby-Normal

KikiPhillips

Corvette
Problem: Fire up the engine, Put A/C switch to Defrost, Low speed works, Medium, High also work. Put the lever to Vent, it opens up the vent flap and all the speeds work properly. Move the switch to Normal and the blower stops blowing on all speeds....and the flap closes.

If I go from Vent to Maximum, it continues to blow otherwise Maxium is a bit flakey. But Normal does not work no matter what.

Also, I just did a partial recharge on the A/C, thinking that maybe that Pressure switch had something to do with it. I pulled a vacuum on the system for about 15 min. then in put 16 oz, the Clutch on the compressor finally started kicking in and out. I'm going to put in another 16 oz and see if it settles down.

I'm all ears....

Problem: Fire up the engine, Put A/C switch to Defrost, Low speed works, Medium, High also work. Put the lever to Vent, it opens up the vent flap and all the speeds work properly. Move the switch to Normal and the blower stops blowing on all speeds....and the flap closes.

If I go from Vent to Maximum, it continues to blow otherwise Maxium is a bit flakey. But Normal does not work no matter what.

Also, I just did a partial recharge on the A/C, thinking that maybe that Pressure switch had something to do with it. I pulled a vacuum on the system for about 15 min. then in put 16 oz, the Clutch on the compressor finally started kicking in and out. I'm going to put in another 16 oz and see if it settles down.

I'm all ears....

Only thing that should change when you switch from vent to normal is the compressor should kick in.
if you are always getting this problem on normal I would suspect to switch is faulty. (Even though it's new)
what was the problem with the old one??? I don't see the relationship between the fault you were describing in the past and the switch.

The old switch was bad, it did not provide power to the Yellow wire part of the switch, which sent power to the Low/Med/High switch, which controlled the actual blower getting power.

The new switch works properly with the exception of the "Normal" setting. Very aggravating to say the least.

Let me throw one more thing out there. I had to disconnect the electric radiator fan because it was blowing fuses. Is there any connection to the A/C for that? I only mention it because it happened on our Jeep Liberity. The fan went out and the A/C stopped working...

Let me throw one more thing out there. I had to disconnect the electric radiator fan because it was blowing fuses. Is there any connection to the A/C for that? I only mention it because it happened on our Jeep Liberity. The fan went out and the A/C stopped working...

Not on the c3s. On newer vettes it's a possibility.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom