Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C, Seat, and TC/ABS Warning Lights

OldCorvetteFan

Corvette
Black 95 6 spd Coupe (Sold); 2011 GS
I'll be looking at a 93 Coupe this weekend. The current owner has informed me that the car has the following problems:

1. A/C does not work. I'm assuming that there is probably a leak, and all the R12 is gone. Thus, a retrofit is required. Does $200 - $500 seem like a reasonable budget range? Is there a common failure point on this design?

2. The driver side power seat is described as "not working in some motions sometimes" which doesn't really mean much, so I'm assuming that he means that sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't. Sounds like dirty contacts to me, but I would appreciate your advice.

3. Occassionally, the Traction Control and ABS lights come on, then go off. I'm assuming here that he means they both come on at the same time. Does this set a code? He states that the SES does NOT come on, so maybe there isn't a code set. If one of the wheel speed sensors was intermittent, would this be a likely scenario?

I would appreciate any and all advice/thoughts/troubleshooting tips!

Thanks,
Steven

Looking

The A/C could be a blown fuse, bad clutch or (as you guess, probably rightly) low refrigerant. Since it's an OBD I, you can check the codes and probably get a clue. A visual on the fuses would be the first easy step. $500 for a fridge retrofit is a lot. NAPA sells a lot of kits for $50 that claims to overcome the lubricant incompatibility problem. I don't have any experience but would check that out. PEP Boys sells a recharge kit which includes a gauge (easy to tell whether there's still a charge in there) for about $30.
Regarding the passenger seat, do a search above on power seats. As I recall, there are sever threads on bad connections, stuck rails, etc.
As to the ABS/traction control lights, mine come on often. Especially when I 'get on it'.
Hope this helps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom