Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a different wiper question

hotshotzny

Corvette
bright red 1984 crossfire
aside from the fact they wont shut off as fast as i like them to i have a different problem with my wipers i was wondering if anyone else has... every now and then they catch each other on the downward stroke and im waiting for one of them to break off and really become a pain right in the ass during a rain storm. i was curious if the drivers side wiper is perhaps supposed to be shorter so there is more clearance between them... these are the wipers that have been on it since i got the car

On my 1988 the blades would hit and one blade was hitting the window trim in the rain. I first corrected the problem using shorter blades, then found out that I could adjust the wiper arm postions. When researching this issue, it was recommended that newer arms were available that changed the angles, but I did not need them. When I bought my 1989, they just needed a slight adjustment so that the left side would not hit the window trim.

mine whack each other about mid windshield and get stuck together... i plan to look and see how much i can adjust them once the rain stops!
i just was wondering if the previous owner just put on 2 blades of the same size when one should have been a bit shorter

i know the simple answer ... dont drive in the rain

I used a watering hose to supply water to minimize friction. Used high to test my adjustments. I found some replacement blades spec'ed differently, so I stick with the Trico exact fit blades.

The drivers side blade is 1 in shorter when stock. I use the same size blades for both sides, and have no problems. If you look at my car page ( link below) and go to page 2, you can see how I got the blades to fit. I do occasionally have the drivers side wiper hit the window trim lightly, but that only happens at above 65mph.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom