Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A few pictures from DRTH VTR

Corvette
2002 electron blue Z06
One was taken last weekend at my local drag strip.
The others are taken from within about 100 yards of my house.

Makes me want to go fishing

DRTH VTR said:
One was taken last weekend at my local drag strip.
The others are taken from within about 100 yards of my house.
When i see those shots, i want to get my gear together and go fishing. Now thats one place i can forget about all lifes problems and be stressed relieved.

Thanks for the nice pics.

T. T.

invinceablevett said:
great pics.....got any trout in that stream?
I was taking a walk about a mile from my house. As I crossed a bridge, I saw a guy peering down into the water. He showed me a very large fish, which he believed to be a salmon. Yes, there are trout in there, also some planted steelhead. I don't fish, but I see a lot of people who do. Those pictures are the Boise River, and were taken about 2.5 miles from the center of downtown Boise. The city has done a very nice job of preserving the river and the riverbanks. The greenbelt goes about 10-15+ miles on both sides of the river in both directions. Some of it is dirt path, reserved for walkers (no bicycles), and some is paved, as can be seen in one of the pictures. There is a loop that I walk with my girlfiend along the river. It involves one footbridge and one road bridge. It is about 3.5 miles, and is very refreshing to walk. The proximity to the river is one of the main reasons that we bought the condo that we did. The river is also a very popular spot to float in rafts and inner tubes. The float takes about 2 hours and many people do that on a hot Boise day.

DRTH,

Would you mind giving the forum a little more specific directions to your pad? We might want to come visit you. Got room for a few thousand of us? :D

DRTH VTR said:
I was taking a walk about a mile from my house. As I crossed a bridge, I saw a guy peering down into the water. He showed me a very large fish, which he believed to be a salmon. Yes, there are trout in there, also some planted steelhead. I don't fish, but I see a lot of people who do. Those pictures are the Boise River, and were taken about 2.5 miles from the center of downtown Boise. The city has done a very nice job of preserving the river and the riverbanks. The greenbelt goes about 10-15+ miles on both sides of the river in both directions. Some of it is dirt path, reserved for walkers (no bicycles), and some is paved, as can be seen in one of the pictures. There is a loop that I walk with my girlfiend along the river. It involves one footbridge and one road bridge. It is about 3.5 miles, and is very refreshing to walk. The proximity to the river is one of the main reasons that we bought the condo that we did. The river is also a very popular spot to float in rafts and inner tubes. The float takes about 2 hours and many people do that on a hot Boise day.

Great Pictures, I too first thought about fishing that stream :L you may want to give it a try, catch and release is great fun and it preserves the resource.

Great Place(for a music festival)
Tell us how to get there!!!! (j/k)

Seriously, Groovy Pics :)

Hi DRTH -

Sweet pics - Thanks!

I took the following picture while I was sitting at a poker run for my father's club - it was a small park in the country - with the refurbished covered bridge pictured here.

About 15 minutes later it started hailing...:(

pioneer_bridge.jpg

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom