Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what happened to everyone

nyernga#2

Corvette
2000 Yellow vert
When I originally joined the CAC back in 2003 it was just getting started and members were few. Met many of them at Carlisle and even hosted events at my home. Members like Nut, Remo (rip), gmjunkie, gs diva to mention a few I've met. I rejoined last month and the activity in the C5 section appears non existent with the top two threads are dated a while ago. The one I answered is over a year old and still sits at the top of the thread list. Heck I've even met Rob the site creator back then.

Social Media is what happened. Everyone is involved in "groups" on Facebook. Forums - even the CF took a gradual nose-dive as Facebook gained in popularity. Unfortunately, the moderation within some of the Facebook groups sucks, their search functionality sucks and valuable information disappears quickly in the middle of a constant stream of "information" and BS being posted there.

But...here we are - still trudging along...

Thanks Rob. I ditched FB over a year ago and just don't care for twitter.....

Reactions: Rob
Social Media is what happened. Everyone is involved in "groups" on Facebook. Forums - even the CF took a gradual nose-dive as Facebook gained in popularity. Unfortunately, the moderation within some of the Facebook groups sucks, their search functionality sucks and valuable information disappears quickly in the middle of a constant stream of "information" and BS being posted there.

But...here we are - still trudging along...
I joined a C5 group on Facebook about a month ago and found very few knowledgeable members there and a ton of bad info. Posted a few responses on things I do know but was quickly shot down by a few know-it-alls, so now I am only there now for entertainment purposes.. :LOL: One thing that is universal through all these groups on social media is everyone bitching about the C5 interior which I don't find that bad and frankly, I didn't buy my car for the interior.

I joined a C5 group on Facebook about a month ago and found very few knowledgeable members there and a ton of bad info. Posted a few responses on things I do know but was quickly shot down by a few know-it-alls, so now I am only there now for entertainment purposes.. :LOL: One thing that is universal through all these groups on social media is everyone bitching about the C5 interior which I don't find that bad and frankly, I didn't buy my car for the interior.
The ones bitching about the interior are the ones that can't afford a C8 or are just chronic complainers......

When I originally joined the CAC back in 2003 it was just getting started and members were few. Met many of them at Carlisle and even hosted events at my home. Members like Nut, Remo (rip), gmjunkie, gs diva to mention a few I've met. I rejoined last month and the activity in the C5 section appears non existent with the top two threads are dated a while ago. The one I answered is over a year old and still sits at the top of the thread list. Heck I've even met Rob the site creator back then.
Very true , forums have been hit and miss but still hold all the true information where as in my Facebook Vette groups , holy shit the stuff that comes out and the assholes out there ! Love my forums !!

If they are bitching about the C5 interior , tell them to go look at the C4 ! The C5 is tons better in virtually every possible way. It’s a sports car not a race car , if you want a nice race car buy a C5 and change things out and make it yours. Imho

I keep hoping that enough people will tire of the FB crap and come back here or find us anew that we get that good solid small group that we had in the start. Those were some fun times.

Tom

I keep hoping that enough people will tire of the FB crap and come back here or find us anew that we get that good solid small group that we had in the start. Those were some fun times.

Tom
Morning. I for one am so dam busy looking after family issues I have zero time for myself. Life itself sure gets in the way at times and I am assuming people are just busy. ??

Tom
It was a fun tightknit group. I remember hosting Vette bbq's here and members from as far away as New Hampshire and Virginia would show up.......fun times indeed For the record, I ditched FB over a year ago.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom