Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A funny one at a car show today.....

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Went to Mill Hollow car show today with the 64....last year they had over 3000 cars, this year with the threat of rain all day there was only about 1900....but none the less, there were a lot nice cars there....while I was sitting over near the Corvette, a guy walked up to me and asked "is that your car?" and I said "yes"......then he asked me "have you had that since it was brand new?" and I replied "yes as a matter of fact, I was 9 years old when the car was built and always knew I was going to be a Corvette afficionado and I bought it with my paper route money!!"

Geez......where do these people come from.....I was 9 years old when it was built for crying out loud!!!!

IMG_3995carshowsmall-vi.jpg

at home getting ready to go......

IMG_4010carshowsmall-vi.jpg

at the show.....

At least the guy was interested enough in your car to try to strike up a conversation.

Two things come to mind:
To a kid, everyone over the age of 16 looks old enough to have voted for Lincoln.
When striking up a conversation, please make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth in gear.

On the other hand - if you were out drinking the night before the show, you may have looked a lot older;LOL

Unusual as it may be there actually are a few owners out there that ordered and bought them brand new. The question to you may have not been appropiate but Shelby Jet`s 1962 red 340 piece and my 1962 black FI car are two in the SE Michigan area. I may be the only one left with an original 62 FI piece but I`m sure there are others with 40+ or - year unrestored old Vettes purchased new and still have them in excellent running condition. By the way, your 64 red coupe is a nice looking car.:D

My life insurance guy did that to me once. He came over to make some changes to the policy while out working on my '63. This was a year or two ago when I was 33-34. He asked what year it was, so I told him. Then he asked if I bought it from new. :eyerole Didn't realize I looked at least 56. That's not good coming from a life insurance salesman. Maybe I better start eating rice cakes.

Many people at car shows do not know a Vette from a Vega but do know what looks good. Feel flattered that your car impressed them enough to talk to you. Your car looks great

That also shows how much ahead of it's time the midyear styling was for someone not to realize how old it actually is. Your car is a real beauty. Your comment got me to thinking. I just realizided that I was 10 when my '59 was built and it was 10 when I bought it.

Tom

Tom Bryant said:
I just realizided that I was 10 when my '59 was built and it was 10 when I bought it.

Tom

I could say something witty here,but I will let it pass ;LOL, you are leaving yourself quite open Tom.

I thought show & shines were for answering stupid questions. ;)
firstgear said:
Went to Mill Hollow car show today with the 64....last year they had over 3000 cars, this year with the threat of rain all day there was only about 1900....but none the less, there were a lot nice cars there....while I was sitting over near the Corvette, a guy walked up to me and asked "is that your car?" and I said "yes"......then he asked me "have you had that since it was brand new?" and I replied "yes as a matter of fact, I was 9 years old when the car was built and always knew I was going to be a Corvette afficionado and I bought it with my paper route money!!"

Geez......where do these people come from.....I was 9 years old when it was built for crying out loud!!!!

IMG_3995carshowsmall-vi.jpg

at home getting ready to go......

IMG_4010carshowsmall-vi.jpg

at the show.....

I'mAVettehead said:
I thought show & shines were for answering stupid questions. ;)
was at another show yesterday....similar kind of silly questions...I am getting used to it now....almost humorous.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom