Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a king has died

Geof180

Corvette
94 ZR-1 and a 96 LT1 coupe
there has been massive flooding in my hometown of abilene, texas the past few days....

a friend of the family - who unfortunately lives at a lower elevation around the corner from our house - owns a white on white 91 ZR1.....

out of concern for the king, my brother went down there yesterday to check on its condition........ he said it appears as though the mighty Z had spent the better part of the past two days under water.............. :cry

please observe a moment of silence for those people affected by the flooding and the death of a king..........................

It's not necessarily dead, although it may smell bad. :L

_ken :w

:puke

he can live on. His heart can live on. what #? This is teriable

She may still have a pulse as long as the water didn't get high enough to get in the intake. Almost everything else such as the wiring harness, carpets, seats, etc.. would need replacement.

How much is a '91 ZR1 with some water damge going for these days?

Spiderman :w

i will get the number of the car when i go home here in six days... my brother also took some pictures of the Z in its flooded state...... i think i would cry if i actually saw them...

yes - the king can live again.... in my saddened state earlier, i forgot to mention :duh that the gentleman who owns the car is a professional engine/race car builder and mechanic.... so there is hope!! woo hoo!!

i will be in touch...

Geof

That really sucks. Parts of Texas have really been hard hit by the flooding down there. I wonder how many other Corvettes have been affected by this. :(

a wet king is not a dead one. insurance companies will total the car due to the crappy pricing, and it's expensive to restore and get running right. this car would be a great 415 project car to tear down, clean up, and put back together. sure lots of work is needed, but the car isn't dead, just in need.

if he wants to sell it, price it low and contact me. I have a craving for a zr1 race car, Curtis Ward is in TX and may also be in the market, he has a good "parts car" with a schweet drivetrain. car has 108K miles and pulls 391 to the wheels with a stock "long block" engine. he zings it to 7600, and it PULLS HARD.

let me know if the car comes available, sorry to hear about the flooding, that really stinks!!!

Curtis's old 91 hit, what was it, 202(?) at Big Bend a month before the gathering. Its a shame what happened to it. Maybe next year, in the parking lot would be better for the auto x

rkreigh is right!

The current whole pricing on all the ZR1s and Callaway cars has fallen through the floor, sort of speak.

I wish those rains in Texas would move to Georgia. We are still 28 inches down for the last two years in rain fall.

Everyone in Texas take and deep breath and blow toward the east. Its worth a try anyway!

Our heart and good wishes go out to all texas people who are suffering with this very bad situation.

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom