Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A More Powerful C7 Z06 and ZR1? Hell Yes!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
A More Powerful C7 Z06 and ZR1? Hell Yes!

Rob Loszewski, Site Administrator
Corvette Action Center
January 18, 2013

attachment.php

Image Credit: http://spinnerbg.deviantart.com/art/2014-Vette-C7-on-ADV-1-Wheels-by-Spinn3r-350247091

Motor Trend magazine is currently reporting that according to some little birds in Warren, MI, we could see a C7 Z06 and ZR1 with significantly more power.

According to Motor Trend, the Z06 could see as much as a 600hp boost and will retain it's naturally aspirated 7.0L engine.

However, the ZR1 could see as much as 700hp from a supercharged version of the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray's LT1 engine.

It's safe to say, if any of this is true, chances are the Z06 will be the first to take a bow, and probably not until at least a year after the base model hits showroom floors.

Reference:http://wot.motortrend.com/we-hear-n...-could-crack-700-hp-328841.html#axzz2LMVb7pMX

Attachments

• c7_zr1.jpg
    c7_zr1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 139
Exciting information. :w Maybe we could see the ZO6 in convert form.

My wild-assed guess...in part because that MT web page is no longer available...is that info is not so good.

With respect to Corvette...LS7 is gone, but not forgotten. It's likely going to be in the Camaro for maybe a year on a very limited basis and then it will be history.

The "next" Z06 (I say it will be a 2015 model) will likely get a supercharged version of the direct-injected, VVT, AFM, LT1. Figure 650-675-hp.

As for a convertible Z06?
Not. Hate to say it but...serious performance cars have roofs. However, I'm thinking an automatic version (OMG, perish the thought) is a good bet.

• Admin
My wild-assed guess...in part because that MT web page is no longer available...is that info is not so good.
They changed the link and the link has been updated here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom