Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Nice Writeup on a 1968 BB in this months Corvette Car/Parts Magazine

S

SwaveDave

6 page writeup. Nice pics, history, specs, performance, etc..

I think they made a mistake however, cause, they show the 427/390 hp. with 308 gears and M20 wide ratio gearbox....as having a top speed of 119 mph. I think it would do much more than that. My 1970 BB with 370 gears and M21 close ratio gearbox has tons left in it once i reach 100 mph.

Customer Service is 1-800-448-3611

Dave

If my '67 427/390 with 3.36 gears was any indication 119 would be about right if someone left a shop towel in the carb when they put the air cleaner back on. According to the Tool Box Calculator it would be turning 4561 rpm with a 27" tall tire. Maybe it needs a good tune up.

Tom

just curious

I'm trying to decide on a magazine to subscribe to and this is one of them. Does Corvette Car/Parts seem to have the most resto/repair type stuff for C3's?

Thanks,
72 Bluz :w

IMHO, i would say its a toss up between Corvette Car/Parts Mag, and Vette Mag. Both have good articles. Im more into the mechanical articles than anything else. Both have columns where you can write in and ask a Resto question particular to your Car.

Regards, Dave.

My 64 with 3.55 gears pulls good to 120 mph (thats when I quit).
I'd hate to have bambi step out in front of me at that speed.
By the caculator if it could pull 6500 in top gear = 143 mph.
rod

My 74 is a 350 l-82

SwaveDave said:
IMHO, i would say its a toss up between Corvette Car/Parts Mag, and Vette Mag. Both have good articles. Im more into the mechanical articles than anything else. Both have columns where you can write in and ask a Resto question particular to your Car.

Regards, Dave.

And I have had her to 135 before with more left....( just no more balls on my part)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom