Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A quick update

Tom Bryant said:
Larry, Here is the full line of latch and link Simpson belts right off of their site. You can order direct.

Simpson

Thanks Tom

I got my belts on Wednesday and I love them,but the wife and kids say they are too heavy to have on there lap.If you guys only knew about all of the critiques I have to deal with from my wife and daughter on this build.

Alright Larry! Fantastic! :upthumbs The momentum is picking up fast now. No doubt we'll find you in the garage every night for the next few weeks. You must be chomping at the bit now to get it on the road and start cruising.

Tom Bryant said:
Are you recovering your original seats? If so Al Knock has special leather covers for C1 seats that look like original. In the catagory drop down click on Special Leather Interiors and put 1962 in the year box. They aren't cheap but it will be exact and you can use them to price shop your trim guy.

Al Knock

Thanks again Tom. I have a set of wise guys seats,I do plan on using leather covers.But I want the seats to be more "bulbus" (is that a word) kinda like over stuffed bolsters on the sides and in the front.I dont know how to explain it but I want to sit in the seat Not just on it.

I just got my replacement door panels from Al Knoch and inside the box was a small show brochure on there services.I hate to sound wishy washey but in the catalog was some pictures of a C1 they did a custom interiour in,it was two toned red and black.thats what I originally wanted the inside to look like but I was afraid with the yellow it would look to ricer like.I think it looks very classic .

I am going to complete the car with what I have and maybee over the winter revisit the interiour of the car with a more custom approache

Z28Canuck said:
Alright Larry! Fantastic! :upthumbs The momentum is picking up fast now. No doubt we'll find you in the garage every night for the next few weeks. You must be chomping at the bit now to get it on the road and start cruising.

This week end will be spent getting the frame on to the rotisery so I can deliver it to the painter on monday morning.Once I get it back from the painter things should go real FAST.

IH2LOSE said:
WOW....is that AWESOME......you really need to get the 3 carb setup that you previously posted on here....that little carb up there looks lonely....it needs that other set up.....WOW.....are you putting the serpentine belt package on this? the one that has the really neat pulleys and stuff?

ok...I am drooling......you need to give me a ride in this when you are done.....Carlisle????? We will be there......

IH2LOSE said:
I just got my replacement door panels from Al Knoch and inside the box was a small show brochure on there services.I hate to sound wishy washey but in the catalog was some pictures of a C1 they did a custom interiour in,it was two toned red and black.thats what I originally wanted the inside to look like but I was afraid with the yellow it would look to ricer like.I think it looks very classic .
can you scan that brochure in some place...I was thinking of doing my interior in red and black (like C5 Z06).....either post here or send email to htmiata99@aol.com

thanks Larry.....Herb

Larry the engine looks fantastic and I love the headers. Did it come with a shoe horn to get it in the engine bay? :) I see a little test spray of yellow on the block back by the flywheel.

You really need to get the 3 carb setup that you previously posted on here

Well thank Goodness the six shooter for the big block is not available till the first week of September.So hopefully by then I will be enjoying my car and will have completely forgoten about it

Are you putting the serpentine belt package on this? the one that has the really neat pulleys and stuff?

Yes it called the ultra kit.and I should get it in about 2 weeks.I just cant wait to install it.Waiting for this kits bring back memories of how I fealt 2 weeks before christmas I am really excited about this part of the engine bay

studiog said:
Larry the engine looks fantastic and I love the headers. Did it come with a shoe horn to get it in the engine bay? :) I see a little test spray of yellow on the block back by the flywheel.

The test spray of Yellow on the motor does not match the car so well.I am using a paint called Centari and they have no formula for Millenium Yellow. So we are using what they have.Centari is a very old paint that been around forever and is very durable.Anyways I was able to get a better match on friday and should have the motor in yellow buy Sunday night

The motor is now in paint.

49393500-af5c-02000180-.jpg

its a perfect match, Its an older paint called Centari.I havent used it in probably over 25 years,Still smells as good as it did then,shines like a glass I sure hope it holds up well

WOW!! I don't think i've ever seen a yellow engine block before - that looks cool! :cool

can't wait to see it in the car next.

that does look AWESOME....after you are done...if it was mine I would be afraid to drive it.....but then looking at 67Heavens car, I would have been afraid to drive that.... but oh do they look GOOD!!! They were meant to be driven.....and to smoke that rubber!!!!!

Larry,

I can almost hear it running already. It won't be long now!

Paint

Hello Larry
That looks fantastic. I had not heard of that paint before. I look forward to seeing more pics of your project as it comes together
take care
Tom

Centari has been around for 25 years at least and is still available in about any color from DuPont. It's a catalized urathane enamal and is real easy to work with and spot in. A lot of the NCRS guys are using it in place of laquer because once it's lightly color sanded and buffed it looks very close to original laquer only a lot tougher and available in all states.

Being an old time laquer guy I was resistant to these new products but used black Centari for the first time on a customers Chevy truck about 22 years ago. I was amazed at how fast it covered, blended in after making your round of the truck and later how you could spot in a repair almost undetectable using old laquer techniques. A good product.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom