Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A quick update

Only a big block could look that good in yellow. It looks fantastic Larry. I'm sure your wife will do a great job on the flags. Did you paint the block yourself?

studiog said:
Only a big block could look that good in yellow.

A big block looks good in purple with red and yellow polka-dots. :gap

67HEAVEN said:

Is there a color change in the future?;LOL

67HEAVEN said:
Phew, for a minute I thought you were talking about my underwear!
:)

firstgear said:
that does look AWESOME....after you are done...if it was mine I would be afraid to drive it.....but then looking at 67Heavens car, I would have been afraid to drive that.... but oh do they look GOOD!!! They were meant to be driven.....and to smoke that rubber!!!!!

No fear from me on driving it,that was the whole idea of the project for me to build a nice driving car.

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words,

Yes I did paint it myself and it took no talent to do.It laid out nice,set up exceptionally fast and is rock hard right now.I do remember having problems with this paint in the past with having runs,I am not sure if it was the weather (hot and humid) or the newer hardners or thinners but I really laid in to the motor with a closed fan pattern on my trim gun to get into all of the nooks and crannys and it seemed as fast as it came out of the gun it was setting up.

All kidding aside it was like working with laquer again.the new base coat clear coats paint I have alot of trouble with

I dropped my frame off at the painter earley this morning and should be picking it up tomorow night. I will post photos when I get it home.

Again thanks for the encouragement,Saturday and Sunday it was brutally hot,I mean unbearable in our area. Had I not set a goal for what I needed to get done this week end,I would have packed up the garage and went inside and enjoyed the central air,But I drank lots of water and just pushed my way thru,This week end was a battle.

Larry,

You are in the business, you have no excuse for not having your garage airconditioned! LOL
I put a nice used system in my garage that we pulled out. I figured even if it only lasted a couple of years, it would be time well spent. It is going into it's 6th year and is still running strong. It has sure made working on my car in this Texas heat a lot more enjoyable. I would have a had time deciding whether the A/C or the lift was the best money ever spent! Life is just to short to be miserable while working on my cars.

Regards, John McGraw

John Mcgraw said:
Larry,

You are in the business, you have no excuse for not having your garage airconditioned! LOL
I put a nice used system in my garage that we pulled out. I figured even if it only lasted a couple of years, it would be time well spent. It is going into it's 6th year and is still running strong. It has sure made working on my car in this Texas heat a lot more enjoyable. I would have a had time deciding whether the A/C or the lift was the best money ever spent! Life is just to short to be miserable while working on my cars.

Regards, John McGraw

John I have a set of plans drawn up for a larger garage,I almost have the aprovals needed to build it from my town.I just dont have any free time.This fall i plan on having the garage built.I need the room. Once I build the Garage I plan on installing a fujitsu mini split to handle the a/c and dehumidification.

Because I am so cramped for space in my garage I had to work outside in the sun and heat to complete this week ends chores. My neighbors are saints because what I am doing on this project does not belong in a residental neighborhood. I am luckey as the majority of my neighbors are interested in what I am doing.they stop by and visit while I am working on the car,If they see me strugling with something they will stop and give a hand.they enjoy my cars and my freinds cars.it seems on the week ends at my house there is always somebody else muscle car or classic car on my driveway visiting.

I had a neighbors inlaws who are visiting from out of state stop by this week end for about an hour to take pictures and talk.He is a proffesor of education,has an engineering degree and he is also a dr of education. His best question was what make me think I can build a car.my answer was that there was nothing to make me think I could not.He has borrowed my planning book to study it.

I am sure he will think I am a moron when he reads my hand written notes as I cant spell and never use proper grammer.

IH2LOSE said:
I am sure he will think I am a moron when he reads my hand written notes as I cant spell and never use proper grammer.
Larry, you're like my father... You've got a Master's Degree from the School of Hard Knocks. With that kind of education, you don't need to worry about spelling or grammar.

-Mac

Hey John

Who did you use for your drive shaft? And what is it made of. I have delayed having my driveshaft made because the shaft builder said I needed to have the weight of the car on the suspention So he could measure it proper.

So this week end as I am mounting the frame on the rotisery I am staring at the third member and I realise the weight does not matter.in my case I have two fixed positions,weight no weight nothing can change this they are fixed. I called the guy and explained this to him and he said I am confused and untill the body is on the car dont call him. I am taking his advice and I am not going to call him EVER

Anyways I found this place on line http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/html/weekly_specials.html

I am not sure if you or rich had sent me a link to this place last year,anyways understanding what I am building do you think I can use the LT drive shaft. Or do you think I have to use the heavey duty one,If I have to use the heavey duty are you falmilur with the type of meatal Will it polish up

Larry,

I have used Denny's for years. He builds a nice product and his price is not out of line. Given that your car is an automatic and has limited tire size, I would not hesitate to get one of his aluminum shafts. They do not have the unconditional lifetime warranty like his steel shafts, but I do not think that there is any way you could break one! I used one of his aluminum shafts and it polishes up real easy.

Regards, John McGraw

Mac said:
Larry, you're like my father... You've got a Master's Degree from the School of Hard Knocks. With that kind of education, you don't need to worry about spelling or grammar.

-Mac
Well said Mac. I agree 100%. Larry you communicate better than most of us.

Duntov Welcome home,I really admire you that you went on that trip.I really have to become more spontanious some how. its unfortunate but because of my buisness I have to plan every thing way way inadvance. I mean something as simple as a hair cut I schedule at least 3 weeks in advance.

Anyways your way too funny my wife is having a fit I posted a picture showing that side of the house.She thinks our home is becoming a hillbilly house with cars and parts scattered about the area on the week ends.

If you look real close youll see a present the dog left for me

I'll post a picture of the side of my house and she'll feel better. Engines, blown up rears and transmissions, driveshafts, roll bars, wheels. I just got rid of 2 parts Willy's Jeeps. Half of the other 57' is in the living room. I could never find a wife that would put up with me.:crazy

I'll PM ya about the spontaneity thing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom