Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A warning re:Eckler's C4 front spoiler replacement

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
A few weeks ago, I bought one of Eckler's replacement spoilers just to replace the worn out looking one on my Vette. Straight outta the package, I noticed the integrity of the spoiler looked and felt thinner and stiffer than it should have.

Two days later, the thing was missing chunks outta it. Two days later!!!

I did not ram it up against a high parking buffer, nor did I whang it off of some pothole bump. Nope, simply backing outta my own driveway. I expect a bit of scrubbing cause there's a small ridge where the concrete has separated and I'm going what?... 2-3 miles per hr. and the thing snaps.

So I write Eckler's a nice F.Y.I. type of letter just to let 'em know that the spoilers they're selling are not up to par. Here's the reply I got back from them.

*[We have had some problems with the quality of the spoilers and are in the process of having the Manufacturer upgrade the quality. We will be glad to replace the item for you as soon as parts become available. I will keep your message on file and will contact you as soon as we have a more durable product.

Thank you,
Edward Gault
Corvette Product Technical Services]*

Wow!!! Not only a fast reply back, but an offer to replace the thing. 'Course it'd be great if they just stopped selling what they have on hand until the better spoilers become available.At $49 +shpg&hndlng, it's a costly item.

That is exactly how I would expect Ecklers to respond. They admit they have a vendor problem, and will make things better asap. This is a good thing!

You are all correct...that shows that Ecklers is a class act and pays attention to Corvette owners.
You are also correct in stating that they should pull the bad product from their shelves and return all of it to the manufacturer.
I am the Director of Distribution for a company that carries and distributes over 55,000 items and we check all items that a customer reports a problem with, and if they are determined to be below standard, we pull them and send them back to the manufacturer.
"Think Spring...Get rid of this snow and let us drive"
JOHN

Good to see Eckler’s customer service is first class. I’ve been buying from them since 1992, your post makes me confident with any future purchases.

B17Crew
:w

What a great story! Mid America won't give you the time of day if you complain about their products.

Come on, Now.
I've been dealing with Mid America for probably six years. In that time they made one mistake, and one product didn't live up to my expectations, And each time the situation was handled properly and to my satisfaction. I can see where a customer service rep may not be able to answer all your questions about a part or product, but MAM does have some technical reps that should be able to answer your questions. Besides, who ever invited you to see the Beach boys and REO Speedwagon with 20,000 of your closest friends? FOR FREE ! Looking at MAM from the outside in, I think that is an up to date savey group of people. I have noticed at the Funfest, or at other times when I stopped in, that each and every employee is friendly positive and helpful. Every one of them. That attitude is difficult to instill and retain within so many employees. Give them another chance - with no attitude.
Don't worry-be happy. Hope to see you at the next Funfest. Hope they get the autoX course ready soon.
Z07coupe

I'm glad you like MA so much, but they lost me forever as a customer and I will never spend another dime at that place.

Last year I ordered a pair of their "quiet" mufflers and they were horrible, terribly loud, the entire car vibrated when I accelerated. I sent them back and got a refund but I was out the exorbitant shipping charges, as well as the cost to have the mufflers installed by my local mechanic. They never should have shipped that crap to me in the first place, and they certainly shouldn't have peddled their cheap crap as "quiet" when it is anything but.

They never offered a word of apology for shipping me a substandard product. And for the record, seeing the Beach Boys or REO Speedwagon for free is not an incentive to get me to go back.

i paid MAM for parts at carlisle, took them over a month to ship, parts were obviously flawed, too low quality to put on my vette...returned defective parts with MAM promise to inspect replacements prior to shipping -- they sent me the same junk the second try :puke

i tossed the garbage into the appropriate receptacle -- lesson learned.

will not happen again....ever.

Ecklers is top notch when it comes to customer service.. I bought one of there spoiler kits and when I went to put it on it was almost 1 inch wider than the original. I was having the car judged so I did not want these. I sent them back and they gave me credit for the frieght and all. No problem.I bought some interior parts from Al Knoch which has been around for years and I cannot get them to return my E-mail or Phone calls! I have been using Al for years and recomending him, but no more.Service after the sale is very important!

It did concern me that Eckler's still had the defective spoiler for sale knowing it's a bad product. And even though I received a letter of acknowledgement from the tech services guy, I needed a new spoiler right away, not when their "part became available". So I bought a new set from a local dealer for twice the cost. No problem with it. I did write Eckler's the following:

["Dear Mr. Gault, Thank you for replying so promptly to my concerns regarding the quality of the C4 front spoiler. I also appreciate the offer to replace the item, however, I am in need of a spoiler now. The item just continued to crack and fall off in chunks so much so that I had to remove it before it caused damage to the fiberglass. So I've purchased a front spoiler from a local Chevy dealership.

Is there a possibility to just credit my account with Eckler's for the spoiler on a future purchase? I will be happy to return what is left of the item or provide photographs as proof of it's poor quality.

Thank you"]

Here's the response I got back from Ed the tech services guy:

["Please contact Ecklers Customer Service and explain the situation and that you talked to Edward In Corvette Tech about a refund. Thank you.]

That's all fine and well, and I do appreciate the quick response to my concerns. So I guess I'll see just how smoothly my next purchase with Eckler's will go after telling customer services that Ed asked me to tell them about my crappy spoiler and to credit the future purchase $50+.

Check into the Prowler Spolier, this thing is thick, one piece and solid, cost @ $180

vette_003_crop.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom