Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Abby (2003 Anniversary) Delivery Date (Amarillo, TX) 01/26/2008!!

Congrats Bud!!!!!:upthumbs:upthumbs

Congrats on Abby, Bud, it looks like the delivery was a sucess! :beer I'm sure you and Nancy will have a blast driving her around.

Jason

My Boy...........

Well, I'm hoping your & Nanc's future with the new addition will be everything and more than your both deserve. Two of the finest people on this earth, now stop sitting in it and POST MORE PICTURES!!! :beer

Congrats on the new child:D great color, of course I'm kinda biased
DSCF0285.jpg

BTW if you run across speed bumps, turn the selective ride to sport, the car goes over them a little easier.

Great News

Bud and Nanc - end of your long wait.
Well done - you're going to love it.
Remo:cool
ConvertibleSide.thumb.jpg

I know you and Nanc are out driving around! Can't say I blame you! :D

Glad to see the day went without a hitch. That is one good lookin' Vette! :upthumbs

Y-A-A-A-A-A-Y!! Congratulations, Bud and Nancy!! Beautiful ride! :upthumbs

Yes, congrats. It must have been very exciting when that truck pulled up. :upthumbs Nothing compares to when that rear door opens and there it is!
Enjoy!!

Congratulations, Bud!!!!! You will always have very fond memories of Rare, as you should, but you'll start enjoying Abby very quickly. And actually, getting in and out of Abby should be much easier for you. I guess you just have to figure out all the dials and buttons! :D

Elaine

Believe it or not, I have only put about 3 miles on Abby since she arrived. Drove down to Coffee Sunday Morning.. Oh yea the boys got a kick out of that :chuckle ... something about check the papers for local bank robberies or Corvette Thefts :chuckle... Little do they know, I use quick dry ink, and hand change the S/N on the bills ;)

Tuesday morning Abby goes in for a FREE inspection, Thank You very much Amarillo AAA, and then it's $15.50 for out of state/ to /instate inspection then I'll wait until February to go register her AND PAY Sales Tax and Lic, oh an as I remember from moving here in 2005 a $75 or something Welcome To Texas Tax on top of all the rest...

So I can't answer too many questions yet about Abby, other than I figured out the radio/clock/seat setup. When I log off, I am calling one of our local Chevrolet Dealers and inquire about a seat belt extension :mad (How fricken embarrassing :eyerole )... :mad I can hear Rare out in the Shop :boogie ;LOL

I'm sure I oops We are going to like Abby. I fall back on one of my old sayings... "The only folks that like Change are Babies with wet diapers" I HATE technology, but I getting a bit tired of working on car too, so what's you gonna do ;shrug

Bud

Abby and I just got home from the local Chevrolet Dealer. Got myself one of them thar extendoors, much better.

Went and filled up Abby and we did a bit of cruise'n Yep she's quite the philly, I do believe she is going have a place in the stable. :dance

Plenty of power, drives solid, if not a bit rough, but hey it's a Corvette. No squeeks or rattles and she looks GQQD ;) :Steer

I know she would really appreciate it if the Old Yo would shed a few pounds, and get rid of that saddle extendoor, Hey even Rare would appreciate a Ole Yo lossing a few lbs. The sounds between the two are amazing, RARE is rumble grrrrrr GROWL and Abby is prrrr snarl and lookout :eek, I love the sound of the quadrajet at WOT but there is something to be said for these Computer WOT sounds too ;) (That's just for -Patrick :boogie )

Bud

Congratulations Bill. I didn't realize you sold Rare81, but I'm sure it went to a good home.
You're gonna love the '03 anniversary edition. My neighbor has the same car and it's one of the nicest color combos on a Corvette. I guess I say that about almost all of 'em, but this color is really nice.

-John

A Breech Baby, eh Budster ???

How sweeeeeeeet !!

You have the DawG's approval !!

A Breech Baby, eh Budster ???

How sweeeeeeeet !!

You have the DawG's approval !!

:boogie :boogie ;LOL ONLY YOU!! The DawG would think of that... well Nanc said the same thing when I showed her in the thread starting Photo's :boogie
Yea she came out big butt first :boogie

Bud

Thanks for the help Yo !!
It's good to be back !! :upthumbs

Time to drag in some more wood before the next snow ! :mad

Thank You to everyone that posted and wished us well. We are looking forward to getting to Cleveland this year for CruiseFest V. Last year was Nanc's first CruiseFest, even driving Rare she enjoyed the heck out of it, and meeting the members. She is actually looking forward to going to Cleveland.

Nanc really does like Abby and that makes this old man pretty happy too ;) Maybe we'll actually get out more do some cruise'n.

I am edumakate myself, now I can even take the top down :D... Put gas in it, adjust the seats and the radio... I'm almost good to go :boogie ;LOL I'm afraid Abby is a whole lot smarter than I think :eek:hnoes

Again THANKS TO EVERYONE for making this thread so much fun. I enjoyed the comments and sure do look forward to being able to set the trip odometer some day ;) :rotfl . Maybe even learn to use Cruise Control again :eek ;LOL

Bud & Nanc

Congrad's to You & Nancy!!

Bud~ Gorgeous 50 th Ann'vy, I could tell in your voice that you were really pleased & relieved it was there! You did great...."now drive it son" please don't let it be a "Hanger Queen" you both we'll are in for lots of Fun!!

These machines don't start to breathe until about 80 mph. You are going to enjoy that 3:15 gear back there:) Make sure Nancy has her own FOB.

I toast you both to your new addition...hope to see it in April; Are you still planning the Cleveland June trip?

Take care Buddy... Get in some Afterburner Time!

dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom