Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Abbys Pad" in Amarillo

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
:w

It's been a while since I updated pictures of my garage :ugh Mostly because I am retired and have learned to take my time doing things :boogie

It's been so long since I posted pictures that the old thread is sooo old that I've deleted the photo's I posted there, except for the 3 attachments.. :W

I am almost done. I am trying to figure out a way to display my "Hogan Golf Clubs." They were my very first set and the are S/N matching. I left space on the opposite wall from where Abby is parked to mount them. ;shrug

There are 3 cabinets on the wall opposite Abby near the garage door opening. Then there are one each at the front of the garage on each side. Across the front of the garage and the side Abby naps I hung some old photo’s and memorabilia, which includes posters with signatures from Nolan Adams and Zora Duntov :thumb

I thought about hanging some of my "OLD Plaques but Nanc used to refer to my garage in Modesto as a Corvette Shrine. Besides most are old and from a time long, long ago. I have long since dismantled all my trophies and used the parts for Flagg Poles, help the club out with making trophies for events (Modesto Club) and tossed a bunch of the left over parts.

Recapping a little:
  • Patched all the walls, filled all the nail/screw holes. Painted two tone Metallic Charcoal Gray bottom with Cream White divided by Red White & Blue stripe.
  • Recessed florescent light fixture.
  • Recessed spot lights over the rear area of parked car. Light for trunk area with garage door closed (useless with the door open :chuckle )
  • New steel access attic drop down ladder.
  • New exhaust fan to allow heat and fumes to vent through the ceiling also acts as a whole house fan.
  • Crown molding
  • Removed the “Popcorn Ceiling Stuff
  • Had the floor professionally epoxy’d
  • Tiled the front end of the garage.
  • Did a little re-wiring
  • Installed cabinets (5 Total)

Here are the most recent photo’s

attachment.php

yoda-albums-yoda-s-photo-s-picture2117-garage-1a.jpg

yoda-albums-yoda-s-photo-s-picture2115-garage-1b.jpg

yoda-albums-yoda-s-photo-s-picture2116-garage-1c.jpg

yoda-albums-yoda-s-photo-s-picture2117-garage-1d.jpg

yoda-albums-yoda-s-photo-s-picture2118-garage-1e.jpg

RARE is in the Shop out back. She has a comfortable life and is she is still pampered like she deserves, being the Grand Diva that she is ;) :thumb

Bud

And Just where the Hell is Rare??????

toetap05.gif
toetap05.gif
toetap05.gif

EDIT

RARE is in the Shop out back. She has a comfortable life and is she is still pampered like she deserves, being the Grand Diva that she is ;) :thumb

Bud
Sorry Bud,I was about to have a HeartyAck thinking you had her wrapped in a plastic bag outside!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

:D:D:D

Junk... we don't need no stink'n "HeartyAck" around here :eek

These are not the best pictures of RARE, the lighting is two florescent fixtures. One 8' with 2 bulbs and the one above RARE is a 4' fixture with 2 bulbs... with the rear doors closed there ain't much natural light, and I was too lazy to open the doors :eek:hnoes

Here is RARE napping in the shop ;)

yoda-albums-yoda-s-photo-s-picture2119-rare-shop-1a.jpg

yoda-albums-yoda-s-photo-s-picture2120-rare-shop-01b.jpg

The shop is insulated and has heat, but no airconditioning :eek:hnoes where RARE is parked it is 12' wide. The previous owner used it for his boat storage. The front of the shop is a bit bigger and the over all length is 29' so there is room in front of RARE for my work bench, tool caddy, storage. When I do my wood working I back RARE out onto the driveway ;)

Nice to hear you were concerned about her, that made her day :dance ;)

Bud 4 RARE :w

And Just where the Hell is Rare??????

toetap05.gif
toetap05.gif
toetap05.gif

EDIT

Sorry Bud,I was about to have a HeartyAck thinking you had her wrapped in a plastic bag outside!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

:D:D:D

Bud, I really need to take a weekend and drive down to Amarillo some time and visit. The garage looks really good and I'm glad that Rare is comfortable too.

Looks very nice Bud!!!!:thumb
Rare looks very content!!!!!:upthumbs:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom