Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

about certification decal on drivers side door for my 1975

lillivette

Corvette
1975 yellow
That sticker is missing in my c3 coupe Corvette L42 so I´m going to have it made. The thing is, I don´t know what exactly it is supposed to say on that sticker...Do you have any idea where I can find such information? (about the front/rear weight and such). I can´t seem to find it on this site.
Do you know if I could see a picture of a similar decal?

Thanks

If you need proof that the information is exactly the same as your car, to keep your local road license people happy, then you may have a problem. The numbers varied from car to car according to the options ordered, so it's unlikely that you'll find the exact duplicate of yours.

If you are doing it just for restoration purposes then I'm sure someone can provide a photo.

Note that the reproduction stickers available today are not identical to the originals.

The assembly instruction manual for '75 might have exactly what you're looking for. The AIM has several pages dealing with factory labels and stickers, where and how they were to be mounted, how they were printed and what's supposed to be on them, etc.
:)

This is a '75 vert decal.

75Vettevintag.jpg

Thanks for these answers guys. Good to see that picture...do you know if there are other types of those decals? I saw one on ebay that was not the same color but it says it´s for ´75 corvettes...( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ryProximity&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget )

Have you guys seen that type on a 75 corvette? Or is it possible that the one I saw on eBay is for models in late 1975 corvettes?

Do you know where I can find information on my coupe for that decal? I don´t have the assembly manual.

Vettehead is correct, 75's have only blue VIN decals. The door of your 75 should have the same decals and in the same locations that ahoovers has.

The blue decals are available from several corvette suppliers such as Corvette Central p/n 263037 or on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-7...ryZ80736QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

You can type it up using an old typewriter to match the font in ahoovers label. If you have the Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM) it has the specific format for the label.

Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom