Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

About to Order a new 427 Convertible

Catbert, I know i've seen plenty of 2012's in dealers lots but for now it makes sense since the 2013's haven't been "officially" released yet. I can't understand if this is what dealers want or what? Maybe they depend on having the Vettes to draw-in crowds that eventually end-up buying their other models, and hey if one or two of those do buy a Vette on impulse that's fine....... I've been told that all Corvette's are produced based on an order from a dealer, so that I assume the dealers are the ones that buy too many or not, maybe there is something going on that I don't understand here. But if this is true then it's not GM or the factory that is cranking out the cars. All I know is I'm hoping some sort of incentive (cash off will do very well thank you) is announced soon on the 2013's! ;)
With 2013s just entering the pipeline, I doubt that you will see meaningful incentives in the near future. It's kind of a end of model year thing. While it's true that Corvettes are theoretically made to order, GMs little quota system rewards units sold this year with allocations next year. That means low orders/sales of 2013s means low allocations for the 2014 C7. Beginning to make sense?

With 2013s just entering the pipeline, I doubt that you will see meaningful incentives in the near future. It's kind of a end of model year thing. While it's true that Corvettes are theoretically made to order, GMs little quota system rewards units sold this year with allocations next year. That means low orders/sales of 2013s means low allocations for the 2014 C7. Beginning to make sense?

Aha! What a system........ as they say there's a method in this madnes....... :eyerole

Newsflash! Received chevroletconnects alert yesterday, the car reached 3100 (Order available to sequence) on 6/18. :thumb...... So good to see evidence it's moving even if it's just a software movement! Then TODAY I receive another alert and it's moved to 3300 (Order scheduled for production...... into the plant build cycle) on today 6/20! :happyanim:

Now I expect this to stay here until sometime in July when they start the parts moving around and broadcast event etc........... I wonder do they ever miss their TPW? (TPW is 8/6) either sooner or later?? If so, I wonder what is the error margin in days?? ;shrug

Friends of ours just drove their 427 Corvette home from the museum the other day. :w

I like the door panels and the blue dash. I had not noticed the two tone blue on the hood before.

Beautiful car.

Attachments

• P1030644.jpg
    P1030644.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 62
  • P1030646.jpg
    P1030646.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 67
  • P1030647.jpg
    P1030647.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 64
  • P1030648.jpg
    P1030648.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 68
  • P1030654.jpg
    P1030654.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1030655.jpg
    P1030655.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 73
  • P1030657.jpg
    P1030657.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 71
  • P1030652.jpg
    P1030652.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 72
Friends of ours just drove their 427 Corvette home from the museum the other day. :w

I like the door panels and the blue dash. I had not noticed the two tone blue on the hood before.

Beautiful car.

67vet, it looks very tasteful, good pics too.... I saw the anniversary edition today for first time too at a dealer, there are thoughtful details all over it :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom