Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ABS and Active Handling warning message

BulletTime

Corvette
2000 Sebring Silver 6-spd
Out of the blue, I'm getting messages to Service the ABS, Active Handling, and Traction Control. What would cause this, and is there a huge bill in my future?

The cost of the repair depends greatly on what is causing those service lights to come one. What codes are stored?

The EBCM, Electronic Brake Control Module, is another part common to those messages. It is the electronic part of your ABS system.

With my car the module had to be replaced. Luckily it was under warranty. From what I have heard it is an expensive part.

Try this thread as well...
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57613

Hib Halverson said:
The cost of the repair depends greatly on what is causing those service lights to come one. What codes are stored?

Exactly how do I access the stored codes?

Hi Bullet,

It may sound weird but it could be your battery or alternator. Have them both checked out. You did say out of the blue ... then you started getting these messages. Same thing happened to me ... my battery was not getting properly charged and my alternator's internal regulator was going bad. Specially when I was using most of the accessories and then I punch it to high rpm's ... then I get the messages you are getting. I ended replacing my alternator and battery ... because battery was starting to leak.

Just want to share my rough experiences with my Sunshine ... Good luck with yours and let us know how you make out.

Dan :w

My Sunshine

cbc1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom