Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Abs brakes

Miss Vickie

Brand new brake booster new front brakes and bled system and the abs system behind drivers seat. Brakes still arent stopping li,e they use to. Any suggestions. Actually bled them twice😕

Brand new brake booster new front brakes and bled system and the abs system behind drivers seat. Brakes still arent stopping li,e they use to. Any suggestions. Actually bled them twice

I own a '95 with 65,000 miles. I have had absolutely crappy brakes ever since I went with ceramics several years ago. Recently I replaced all rotors with zinc coated drilled and slotted and threw the ceramics as far as I could. I bought some new semi-metallic pads then took her out to a deserted road and bedded those things in (the way BMW recommends). Now I have amazing stopping action. The ceramics were the problem. They were eating the rotors instead of themselves. With the ceramics I could literally stand on the brake pedal with both feet on wet pavement without setting off the ABS. With the OEM semi-metallics she now stops as well as the C6. Good luck with yours. Oh, and I also bled brakes and checked vacuum to the brake booster with no change in braking action.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom