Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ABS/Traction Message

peterd

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
I just got an "Service ABS/Traction System" message. Is this the EBCM failure I've read about ??? If so what is the fix/cost ????

I also have a front air pressure indcator thats a little slow - can they be related ???

Thanks all

Pete

Pete - I'm having a total brain freeze right now :crazyand I can't remember... but I think that's the message I got when my wheel speed sensor went on the fritz.

Check this excellent post by Patrick with instructions on pulling codes on a C5 and contains a link to a list explaining those codes. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72535

Good luck! Let us know what you find.
:wJane Ann

I just got an "Service ABS/Traction System" message. Is this the EBCM failure I've read about ??? If so what is the fix/cost ????

I also have a front air pressure indcator thats a little slow - can they be related ???

Thanks all

Pete

Pull the codes and tell me what they are!! I'll see if I can help you!!!
I've had some experience with this lately, about 4 cars!!:chuckleWe have to find out the codes first,and go from there!! Wright them down, All of them!! You'll have to be fast!!! Or you may have to pull them more than once to get them all!!!
:upthumbs

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ad.php?t=72535

ZZRider said:
From above mentioned thread......Very useful post !!

I had reason to pull codes tonight. Some additional info to supplement Patrick's original post that I found useful:

H = history (may be a solved or intermittent malfunction)
C = current

Manual mode can be entered at any time during the automatic sequence by pressing any button except "E/M"

Once the DIC displays "manual diagnostics", you may select a particular module by pressing "options" button to go forward or "trip" button to go backwards

Once a module is displayed and has codes for review, you may view the codes individually by pressing "gages" button to go forward and "fuel" button to go backwards (to review at your own pace and write down)

To exit the diagnostics mode at any time push "E/M" button

Actually Junk - I think Scott's description helps to put it in manual mode so that the codes can be scrolled through at a slower pace. I've never tried his method but it sounds plausible.

codes

Pull the codes and tell me what they are!! I'll see if I can help you!!!
I've had some experience with this lately, about 4 cars!!:chuckleWe have to find out the codes first,and go from there!! Wright them down, All of them!! You'll have to be fast!!! Or you may have to pull them more than once to get them all!!!
:upthumbs

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ad.php?t=72535

I pulled the codes- The TCM code that came up was C1225 (H). This message comes and goes so thats y it was under History I guess

Any ideas ????

I pulled the codes- The TCM code that came up was C1225 (H). This message comes and goes so thats y it was under History I guess

Any ideas ????
"Excessive Wheel Speed Variation"What other codes did it have???Doing a Big Hairy Donut could set that code,if conditions were right!!:upthumbs

Additional Codes

"Excessive Wheel Speed Variation"What other codes did it have???Doing a Big Hairy Donut could set that code,if conditions were right!!:upthumbs

That was the only one on the TCM others were:
B2284
B2282
B2283
U1064
B2285
U1096
U1064
U1016

All were History codes

Don't remember any donuts ...........

Thanks again,
Pete

That was the only one on the TCM others were:
B2284
B2282
B2283
U1064
B2285
U1096
U1064
U1016

All were History codes

Don't remember any donuts ...........

Thanks again,
Pete
I would
1. Check and clean all ground Lugs!! 1 by each headlamp,below the battery on frame,below Power brake booster on frame,behind each rear wheel on frame above mufflers!! There are others but these are the ones that give the most trouble!! Most all of the codes could be caused by a bad ground or a Battery Power Interruption!! How old is your Battery??? Has it ever went dead and you charged it in the car???

2. Clean Battery cables!!

I would
1. Check and clean all ground Lugs!! 1 by each headlamp,below the battery on frame,below Power brake booster on frame,behind each rear wheel on frame above mufflers!! There are others but these are the ones that give the most trouble!! Most all of the codes could be caused by a bad ground or a Battery Power Interruption!! How old is your Battery??? Has it ever went dead and you charged it in the car???

2. Clean Battery cables!!

Actually I ran the battery down a few weeks ago (stereo on) and had to jump it

That would cause the ABS/Traction message ??????????

Thanks Junk

Pete

Actually I ran the battery down a few weeks ago (stereo on) and had to jump it

That would cause the ABS/Traction message ??????????

Thanks Junk

Pete
Yes it's possible!! Clean all the grounds and the battery cables,and run it and see what happens!! I've seen them go dead and get charged with the car hooked up to it and it scramble things and make'm do all sort's of Crazy things!!! Make sure the neg cable is off for at least 3 min.!!! And then cancel the codes if there is any and see how it acts!!:upthumbs

Hi Guys,
Im dealing with the same issue you have and I have a warranty. This is what Im going through right now. 1st they said it was a bad ground on the EBCM modure and they fixed it but then the issue came back so I returned it. The 2nd shot at it was the Module was bad so they replaced it and the issue came back the next day. The 3rd time the said the pumps ground had high resistance so they fixed it and guess what the issue is still there. Now the dealer called me and said they need to order the pump and replace it so we will see. :crazy Ill keep you posted but I think its been the pump the whole time.

Hi Guys,
Im dealing with the same issue you have and I have a warranty. This is what Im going through right now. 1st they said it was a bad ground on the EBCM modure and they fixed it but then the issue came back so I returned it. The 2nd shot at it was the Module was bad so they replaced it and the issue came back the next day. The 3rd time the said the pumps ground had high resistance so they fixed it and guess what the issue is still there. Now the dealer called me and said they need to order the pump and replace it so we will see. :crazy Ill keep you posted but I think its been the pump the whole time.

I thought there was a DIC code for a stalled pump motor or something like that? :confused Did you have that code?

LT

Pete - I'm having a total brain freeze right now :crazyand I can't remember... but I think that's the message I got when my wheel speed sensor went on the fritz.

Check this excellent post by Patrick with instructions on pulling codes on a C5 and contains a link to a list explaining those codes. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72535

Good luck! Let us know what you find.
Mine has been doing the same. Checked codes, only two in HVAC. Could this cause the TCS problem? It seems to always happen when auto climate setting is turned on.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom