Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: ABSFixer

garebear55

Corvette
2002 Convertible, triple black
Brandon at ABSFixer reworked my EBCM so now I have ABS but still get "service engine soon", and "service traction control". The codes are: TCS C1287H and SDM U1040C. The question is, what is my next step and is it okay to drive long distance {Seattle to San Diego) in this condition? 2002 C5 convertible.P.S. The installer did not zip tie the plug handle so it is a little loose, could this be the problem?

Welcome to CAC garebear. :w A little search tells me that the [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]TCS C1287H is the steering wheel position sensor. I've heard that replacing the sensor, most of the time, fixes the problem. Now, take this from a non-mechanic. hopefully, one of our resident experts will come by soon and give a more definitive answer. But welcome to CAC anyway. [/FONT]

Apparently the other code is loss of communication to the module. Did you clear the codes after replacing the EBCM? You might try that and see if they come back. :thumb

DTC C1287 is a fault in the vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES). It may or may not be related to the steering angle sensors. The executive summary of this is that DTC may set when the VSES decides the steering angle sensor and the yaw rate sensors don't agree. If this code resets and you intend to DIY the repair, you need the Factory Service Manual and a scan tester. When this code is current, the VSES will be disabled, however, since you say C1287 is a history (ie: no current) code, I'd clear codes and see if it resets.

SDM U1040C is a fault in the Class 2 serial data network related to the EBCM. The "C" means the code is current. As you just had the EBCM worked on, I'd clear codes. If U1040C resets, contact "ABSFixer".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom