Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: AC ALT Power steering brackets

toymotorsport

Corvette
I am looking for advice on what to use for the brackets on the front of a LT 1 eng swapped into a 1980 Corvette The ones that were on the motor from a 1995 Caprice will not fit in the Corvette Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks

1st ..welcome to CAC!!!!!

2nd,haveyou tried mounts from '80 corvette???

Welcome to the CAC

These 2 views are from the front of the engine. The '95 Impala view shows the AC compressor down low on the passenger side which is probably what you are having a problem with. Camaro/Firebird is essentially the same.

The '95 Corvette serpentine system moves everything to the drivers side and up high. I'd say that swapping in a complete Corvette system with brackets would be your best bet. The AC compressor may be very close to the inner fender but I don't have a C4 here to take measurements from. It definitely gets the compressor off the frame rail though.

These labels are offered by a vendor on Ebay. Search 1995 LT1 if interested

Tom

Impala

95 Impala belt.jpg
Corvette

95 Corvette belt.jpg

1st ..welcome to CAC!!!!!

2nd,haveyou tried mounts from '80 corvette???
The 80 corvette has the orig chev V8 with the dist in the back and normal fan belts the 95 LT1 has the computer controlled dist behind the water pump the old ones will not interchange The brackets that cam with the eng out of a 1995 Caprice hit the right upper A Frame and cant be bolted on I do appreciate any advice and thanks for the welcome Very interesting forum

These 2 views are from the front of the engine. The '95 Impala view shows the AC compressor down low on the passenger side which is probably what you are having a problem with. Camaro/Firebird is essentially the same.

The '95 Corvette serpentine system moves everything to the drivers side and up high. I'd say that swapping in a complete Corvette system with brackets would be your best bet. The AC compressor may be very close to the inner fender but I don't have a C4 here to take measurements from. It definitely gets the compressor off the frame rail though.

These labels are offered by a vendor on Ebay. Search 1995 LT1 if interested

Impala

View attachment 24826
Corvette

View attachment 24825[Thank you Tom These diagrams I believe solved my problem Will see if it works worth buying Thank you so much for your help I thought about this but was not sure about the C3 and C4 difference Thanks again realy enjoy this forum

Glad to help. Do a search for Corvette salvage. Maybe you can find a yard close to you where you can actually see the parts before removal. It would be a good idea to use a new tensioner anyway unless the used one seems really strong. Also check the bearing in the idler for slop.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom