Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AC Problem on driver's side C-5.

billroth

Corvette
2-88 bl & blk Conv, 96 Conv, 68 bl Tt, 98 & 03
On my 1998 Convertible I am experiencing the lack of cold air on the driver's side vent. Air flows through the duct. If I shout down the center & passengers vents the volume picks up and a little more cool air comes through, but not as cold as the passenger's vent.

The same is experienced through the lower vent.

Any ideas?

I had a similar problem after I had the battery replaced. The shop sat the battery down on a vacuum line (in the battery box), that controlled the drivers side vents. It also showed left side error codes for the vent doors. The line should run next to the box but somehow got under the battery.
Took four hours to find it..........

This happened to me recently. Try pulling fuses 18 and 27 in the passenger side fuse box, start the car, and then replace the fuses. One of the doors in the ac, I forget what it's called, gets stuck in the wrong position so you don't get cold air out the driver side, but when you pull the fuses it resets everything and it should go back to normal. Give it a try, see if it helps:beer

Hi billroth -

Remove your battery and battery tray and look down inside the cavity.

Examine all the vacuum lines in that location - they control your heating/cooling ductwork.

One of my friends had an issue similar to yours - the ducts did not see to blow enough air - it was cold (not like it should have been though), but it would not respond to mode switching on the hvac panel.

It turned out to be a vac line that had been worn through by rubbing or having a battery sit on it etc -

Atteched is a pic of what it looked like -

best regards -

mqqn

mqqn said:
Hi billroth -

Remove your battery and battery tray and look down inside the cavity.

Examine all the vacuum lines in that location - they control your heating/cooling ductwork.

mqqn

MANY C5s have also had battery leaking issues where the leaking battery acid eats through the vac lines, as well as all the computer and electrical connections under the battery.
So check the area under your battery carefully.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom