Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AC?

Corvette
*none*
I live in FLORIDA! I thank the LORD that I was not affected by the Hurricanes! I have lived here ALL my life. IT GETS H-O-T. Over 100 degres in summer! I don't have a 'vette, but I realllllly want one. Would I need an Air Conditioner to keep the cars electronics in working order? Thanks in advance, Christopher (C6 Dawg):D

Great to hear that you've taken a liking to one of the most fun cars there is to own. I'm sure that when you get older you will own the corvette of your dreams.
But to your question about a/c...it is not necessary to have a/c to keep your electronics in good working order. However, it may be necessary to keep your personal comfort at an agreeable level.
Good luck with your dream. You will eventually own one and have the biggest grin on your face ever!

Safety

a dehumidifier might be the most cost effective method of protection.

I installed one in my garage and this summer, it took it down from 85% humidity to a constant 45% :eek

I ran a 1" pipe to the outside and it runs water out, all day long - GALLONS!!!!

65 pint unit from Home Depot was about 230 bucks from Maytag :m

yes, and watch the salt air. My lug nuts are already showing corrosion buildup!

C6 Dawg said:
I live in FLORIDA! I thank the LORD that I was not affected by the Hurricanes! I have lived here ALL my life. IT GETS H-O-T. Over 100 degres in summer! I don't have a 'vette, but I realllllly want one. Would I need an Air Conditioner to keep the cars electronics in working order? Thanks in advance, Christopher (C6 Dawg):D
You'll need the A/C to keep YOU in working order!!!!!! Die Laughing

C6 Dawg said:
You'll need the A/C to keep YOU in working order! ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom