Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: accel opti ?

L

lt14life

has anyone used the accel optispark and how well has it performed ?

Yes close to a year old

has anyone used the accel optispark and how well has it performed ?
I installed one close to a year ago-no issues so far-I have heard and read some negative things about them-to early for me to have an opinion about longevity-I've heard good things about MSD and Dynaspark ("The last opti you'll buy" ) dynaspark is a very new product and MSD optis really haven't been around that long. So it's hard to say how either will hold up.

Works perfect, no problems. Mine is less than a year but like the OE opti it should last as least 100k. I expect better as it is an upgrade over OE.

My original OEM optispark distributor has over 100,000 miles.

About two and a half years ago, I replaced just the distributor cap and rotor. The screws which hold the rotor on ended up on the bottom of the distributor. I was having a slight miss all through the RPM range, hence the reason for removing the distributor cap.

I purchased an Accel distributor cap & rotor. I have other Accel products on my engine and they also had the most affordable replacement cap & rotor.

The parts have performed flawlessly. The kit includes two very thin silicone gaskets to seal the distributor cap. Tricky to handle at first. With a little practice I was able to install everything perfectly.

Since I still have my original Optispark distributor I cannot comment on the Accel unit.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about their cap & rotor.

Very well made pieces and I am quite pleased with their performance.

SAVE THE :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom