Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Acceleration / Daily driving problem, PLS HELP !!!

Alex_Mx

Corvette
C6 2007 atomic orange
Hi everybody, i have a really annoying problem with my 2007 corvette C6 LS2, some time from now, the problem was minor, but now with time, it got worst and worst , now, i can´t drive my vette.
While driving, if i hit a little hole or a small bump or whatever it makes the car vibrate under the car, most of the times the RPM gauges and the mph gauges go up and down really fast and then the gauges go back to normal,(i can hear the car accelerates by itself ) AND AT THE SAME TIME THE CAR SHAKES LIKE IF ONE GEAR GOES DOWN, meaning , if I’m driving ( my vette has an automatic transmission ) and I’m in 3rd gear, while driving, go thru a little hole or something that will make the car shake or vibrate relatively hard, it will make this both malfunctions AT THE SAME TIME, gauges go crazy for a few seconds and the car will shake / feel like there´s something wrong with it and then go back to normal.( LIKE GOING DOWN 1 GEAR BUT AGGRESSIVELY / HARD )
I alrdy took my car with 2 of the best mechanics near my city, and so far nothing, i drove my vette yesterday , supposedly we found what it was, we found some wire under the co-driver carpet where you put your feet, there is a fuse box there, and the wire was a little bit trampled and out of place, we put that wire back in place and protect it with some dealer sponge to avoid future problems, after we fixed that, took a drive and NOP, still had the problem.
My mechanic has the dealer computer / scanner and there are no codes of anything, the only one he got was the U1000 AND P0300, the u1000 is miscommunication from modules 2 and 4 , or series 2 and 4 something like that.
We checked the fuse box from the engine, wire from the transmission (under the car ), oil from the engine level its ok and transmission oil, both are brand new just a few weeks ago, brand new thermostat, brand new air filters, coolant ok, and some other things brand new installed just for maintenance .
The next step is to check the spark plugs and the wire, but i don´t think the problem will be there, i believe there is an electric problem, and i haven´t found it yet ...
I would really appreciate any help i can get from anyone to solve my problem .. i just can´t drive the car anymore and it makes me feel really sad ... Any questions about this issue please feel free to ask .

Alex

Sounds odd. I would look at grounding.

indeed, we are focusing specifically in that area, we are moving some wire from there, i have a friend who has a 2006 z06 and he let me use his car to make comparisons, we switched the module underneath the co-driver carpet, there´s a fuse box there, from the z06 to my C6 to see if it was the module, and it seems that´s not the problem, when we put the module from the z06 to my c6 i took a drive and the malfunction still was there but minor .. so that´s what we are doing right now, i have both cars together checking from one to another and see if we can find the problem ..
If anyone can help with this please feel free to advice!!
i´ll keep you guys posted if anything new comes up ..

Thanks again :(

These types of problems are sometimes the easiest to fix but more often are the hardest to fix.

The symptoms are typical of a problem with wires and connections.

It's very hard to diagnose a problem over the internet but the fact that the two diagnostic trouble codes set are P0300 (misfire detected, aks "random misfire) and U1000 (Class 2 communications failure) and that the problem occurs when the car goes over rough surfaces, would have me looking at wiring, connections and grounds related to the ECM along with its connections on the Class 2 bus with other of the car's modules.

You said your mechanic has a scan tester. Do either of you have a Factory Service Manual for a 2007 Corvette?

How far is the nearest GM dealer?

Do a carfax check to see if you have a flood car. If so, it will be un fixable. There are a lot of these cars being sent out of the US.

Problem solved , after 10 days of hard work, the problem was in the module stored under the carpet from the co-driver seat, after some testing, the connectors were loose, after tighten the connectors it seems the car is back to normal , thanks to all the people who tried to help me thru all this process , Finally i can drive my car again !! i´m so happy !! :happyanim:

Alex

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom