Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Acronym page

OK I guess we missed one

What does "AE" mean as in 2003 AE

Ya I know I will learn one day

Thanks

2003 AE as in Anniversary Edition.

And 2004 CE is the Commemorative Edition. (1996 CE is a Collector Edition)

:upthumbs
Jane Ann

That is great (almost TMI). But I'd like to add my own piece of shorthand:
NFL--Not "Fairy" Likely
Gersh

SNAFU situation normal, all "fouled" up

FUBAR "fouled" up beyond all recognition

The acroynm listing is good, but who can we get to put them all in one list and add to it as new items are added.

Example Link to acroynms

One listing

A
B
C
D

Otherwise (Is elsewise a word? If not? I vote we make it a word. It sounds good, e.g elsewise I will be doing this). :L one will have to search through all listings to maybe find the acornym they are looking for.

Very few of these are actually acronyms, but I'll add another one ...

JABSA - Just Another Bloody Stupid Acronym.

68Roadster said:
OK, I'll throw in a couple:

ABS - Anti Lock Braking System
BCM - Body Control Module
DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Code
ESC - Electronic Suspension Control

and one I'm not sure of, has to do with air bags SIR - ?? Inflatable Restraints

Close... but here's the real deal below :)

SIR = Supplemental Individual Restraint

MPG - Miles Per Gallon :w

DILLIGAF was one of my embarrassing moments. At an IRL race at Charlotte speedway I was walking through the vendor's area. These (for lack of a better word) naive people were buying baseball caps. One of the ladies said excuse me sir, what does DILLIGAF mean. One of the younger guy's wives started giggling.The other blushed and both husbands were grinning.
So I said it means Do I Look Like I give a "you know." She said No, I don't know. Now everyone was smiling.. So I tried again and none of them got it. So I finally said it means Do I Look Like I give a puck. She said puck, then oh and went beet red That hat went back on the rack faster than you'd believe. :L

Worse was until the race started I had to put up with how my face was redder than theirs.

DILLIGAF was one of my embarrassing moments. At an IRL race at Charlotte speedway I was walking through the vendor's area. These (for lack of a better word) naive people were buying baseball caps. One of the ladies said excuse me sir, what does DILLIGAF mean. One of the younger guy's wives started giggling.The other blushed and both husbands were grinning.
So I said it means Do I Look Like I give a "you know." She said No, I don't know. Now everyone was smiling.. So I tried again and none of them got it. So I finally said it means Do I Look Like I give a puck. She said puck, then oh and went beet red That hat went back on the rack faster than you'd believe. :L

Worse was until the race started I had to put up with how my face was redder than theirs.

LSMFT - Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco

Back in my very early years, LSMFT also meant "Lord Save Me From Truman". Now it should be LSMFO

LSMFT slogan came about after the WWII. In the early 40s (yes I was alive), Lucky Stike slogan was Lucky Strike Goes To War and LS Green replaced the red target label on the package. One could hear the LSMFT open the Jack Benny and Your Hit Parade radio shows.

Barrett

I heard it meant: Loose Straps Means Floppy T..... - something to do with female anatomy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom