Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Acura NSX....Any Competition?

C

CAJUN C4

My friend has a 95' NSX and it seems real fast,It's stock..I was wondering if anyone ever raced one.I do believe our LT4's should smoke him.

Stock to stock, I think the LT4 would have no problem. They are a bear on the autocross, however. It would depend on the setup and the driver's skill who won that one. I might put my money on the lighter, mid-engined car.

NSX - 270HP / 3100lbs LT4-330HP / 3350lbs. Your LT4 should not have a problem but yes, driver skill ALWAYS plays a part. Also remember this, he paid 85k new, you would have paid 40k new. It's like salt in the wounds when he loses :L But I will tell you this, they are extrememly nice cars. I worked for honda for 10 years. They will handle like on rails, feel as comfortable as a caddy and turn eveyones head on drive by. Add to that the reliabilty and the "honda" reputation and you have a very nice car!

Yep,that might be a good race.

In the late 90's,I was one of the guys who test drove the car that later became the 2000 S2000.It's a great car and I drive an 03 daily.

In the straight line,I think the Lt4 would win,but on the twisties,well that might be another story.

\db2
Carolina

I've driven an NSX, very nice car. I think the LT4 would take it in a straight line (nothing like V8 torque), on a road course it could be more interesting. But consider; in 1996 an NSX cost about $85,000, an LT4 with F45, just over $40,000. What could you do with $45,000 in mods? Would you really feel that bad if he did beat you? For that matter do you think you could beat a Lambo, Ferrari or Carrera? The Corvette is a great car, and for the money, nothing can come close, but it isn't invincible.

The NSX has a 0-60 time of something like 5.5 seconds.

The LT4 would smoke it.

Dennis, when are you going to run that nsx. let me know cause i'd like to run him too.:L i had a viper try and race me the other day on 190 right past I 12 but we were in traffic. lucky for him;LOL

Mike, you startin trouble again??!! :rotfl

Stock to stock, I think the LT4 would have no problem. They are a bear on the autocross, however. It would depend on the setup and the driver's skill who won that one. I might put my money on the lighter, mid-engined car.

I have run against them a number of times in SCCA AS class solo. Fairly well driven, I think, but not the top hot shot. Never have a problem beating them.

I do think they are a cool car, looks, handling, short on hp/tq.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom