Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adding some Mods over the Next Few Weeks!

Mad-Mic

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Redskin Red Coupe
Adding about 8 more mods to the car since the last track time of 13.18 @ 105.84 mph.

428980_52.jpg

mods i'm doing are:

Crank pulley
Air Elim pulley
MAT relocation sensor
Cut Back AC Delco Rapid Fires gapped at .050
AFPR
Custom Chip by -=Jeff=- (when Rich is ready to Data Log )
Fully Ported Plenum, Runners and Base all Siamesed
275/40/17" BFG DR's.

Mods already on the Car:
K&N open air box
MAF descreened
TB Bypassed
160* T-Stat
Accel Super Coil 12* degree advance timing
TPiS Long Tube Headers
Gutted Cat
Hayden Tranny cooler
Stock 1600 rpm stall and a 2.59 rear gear

here's whats left of the F1's and they were still dead hooking! i pulled a best of 1.815 on these tires at 18.5 psi!

DSC00450-1.jpg

here's the new 275/40/17" BFG DR's i mounted

DSC00445-1.jpg

The car ran the 13.18 in 500+ DA at 65 degrees with a spinning 1.85 60'. it also ran a 13.26 @ 103 mph with out the Long Tube Headers in -1500 DA at 45 degrees.

I'm going to the track Friday night and Sunday morning to make some runs with just the Crank pulley, Air Elim pulley, and DR's to see what it will run. after Sept 18th i'll pull the intake and start porting along with adding the MAT relocation sensor and AFPR bumped to 47 psi.

Oh yeah added some Mufflers to the car. KBD 3" Tips. Sound pretty good and getting louder now which I like.

DSC00408-1.jpg

DSC00448-1.jpg

Then off to the Dyno

Any guesses on ET or Dyno pull?
car pulled 240 rwhp and 350 rwtq at 220+ water temp and EGR hookup blew off and only got 1 dyno run. This was when I installed the headers and decided to try and keep the EGR.

Impressive!!!

Wish I had the $ to do all of that - looks like FUN! :D

Good luck bud, I hope you pull the numbers you are hoping for. I know there has been many threads about relocating the MAT. I was just curious to where you are going to put yours?

Justin

Vettefan87 said:
Good luck bud, I hope you pull the numbers you are hoping for. I know there has been many threads about relocating the MAT. I was just curious to where you are going to put yours?

Justin
right behind the air filter in the plastic housing when the bellow goes to the circle part right before the MAF.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom