Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Additive....

Robertwav1

Corvette
1993 Blue

Hey all,

I recently filled up my tank (usually every three months or so). I noticed the fuel gauge the last few times, maybe more has been lagging or failing to register. I use to be able to shut down and fire it back up again and all would be good. I know there is no recommendation to a fuel additive in these cars but for the first time I put some injector cleaner in the fuel tank, let it sit a week or so and it solved the fuel gauge issue. I know the wiper can wear but I'm hoping it was just a little buildup on the varistor. Is there a reason they tell you not to add anything to the fuel? I normally wouldn't go against what's recommended but it was annoying. Anyway, opinions on doing this?

Hey all,

I recently filled up my tank (usually every three months or so). I noticed the fuel gauge the last few times, maybe more has been lagging or failing to register. I use to be able to shut down and fire it back up again and all would be good. I know there is no recommendation to a fuel additive in these cars but for the first time I put some injector cleaner in the fuel tank, let it sit a week or so and it solved the fuel gauge issue. I know the wiper can wear but I'm hoping it was just a little buildup on the varistor. Is there a reason they tell you not to add anything to the fuel? I normally wouldn't go against what's recommended but it was annoying. Anyway, opinions on doing this?

Yeah there is a reason, because a lot of the additives are garbage and can hurt the fuel system. Stay with a known brand name like Chevron Techron or Redline and you will be fine, just don't over use it, maybe every 4K miles or so.

Better yet, replace the tank sender assy. It's fairly easy to do on a C4. If the car is high-mileage, when you do that change the fuel pump, too.

Yeah there is a reason, because a lot of the additives are garbage and can hurt the fuel system. Stay with a known brand name like Chevron Techron or Redline and you will be fine, just don't over use it, maybe every 4K miles or so.

IMO, Techron and Tier One gas are the way to go.

Hey all,

I recently filled up my tank (usually every three months or so).

Every three months or so????? Put a bottle of Techron in and drive that car!:Steer

Techron... Once in the spring and once in the fall.......Period!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom