Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Adjusting the front passenger side fender.

Burkie

Corvette
1973 Bright Yellow Corvette
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg]I'm trying to adjust the fender down, but it is not going down. The fender is out about a quarter of an inch compared to the drivers side. There is a larger than usual gap between the door and the fender at the top. The top 2 pics are from the passenger side, where my problem exists and the bottom pic is from the drivers side. I am going to change all the body mounts and also the #4 body mount reinforcements, (there basically non-existent). Any advice is appreicated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Its probably normal. Door gaps were not that great from the factory. You may want to check your bushings between the body and the frame to see if they are good. Post some pics so we can see what you are dealing with. Welcome to the CAC.

I have the same issue with my 74. I’m pretty sure the fender was replaced at one time just because the bonding agent looks deferent on the fender compared to the other. I honestly don’t think there is any way to adjust the fender being that it is actually bonded to the firewall. I’ll be installing new body mounts soon but I don’t anticipate that solving the issue. I think the only way to make it better would be to find a body shop good at fiberglass to fill and blend it in.<o:p></o:p>

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!
be sure to stop by the new members section and introduce your self.

It's hard to diagnose without pictures. Are you sure its not a worn out door hinge causing the fender gap at the top?

Photos would help. My 72 original with no hits or door hinge problems has a much bigger gap at door top than bottom.
As much as we love the C3's they were pretty crudely built cars if you check out the factory photos.

Thanks,

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom