Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

advice for wheels

DennyB7

Corvette
1999 Black FRC
I have a'99 frc with wagon wheels and I was wondering if I could put 18 inch wagons all around and what could be the biggest size I could put on rear. Right now I am running Firestone run flats in stock sizes, would also like to know if 05 or newer c6 rims and tires would fit,if any problems with offset or any other issues. Thanks in advance.

It's Only Money

Denny,

You can go crazy trying to chose the right wheels and tires. Here's one of the finest collection of Corvette wheel and tire combinations you'll ever see.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1504667&highlight=corvette+garage

Remo:cool

P.S. I'm going with chrome C5 Z06 wheels (18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear). Tires will be Goodyear GS/D3's (275/35/18 front and 295/35/18 rear).

Remo, Thanks for the quick reply, awsome pictures. The info I need is how big a tire could fit on a 18 inch wagon wheel,and will 05 or newer rims and tires go on a c5. Thanks again, Denny

You can run 18in wagons all around. 275/35front, 295/35 should fit. Call Tire rack for the definitive answer. If you want to do it right you should upgrade to Zo6 size wheels, as they are an inch wider and will accomodate the larger tires better. The Z sizes, in 17in and 18in give the best ride/performance combo. Huge improvement over wagon wheel sizes. But Remo's combo is good also. The 18 front looks good, but running a 17 in front gives you a little bit more sidewall for corners.

You can run 18in wagons all around. 275/35front, 295/35 should fit. Call Tire rack for the definitive answer. If you want to do it right you should upgrade to Zo6 size wheels, as they are an inch wider and will accomodate the larger tires better. The Z sizes, in 17in and 18in give the best ride/performance combo. Huge improvement over wagon wheel sizes. But Remo's combo is good also. The 18 front looks good, but running a 17 in front gives you a little bit more sidewall for corners.

Diesel,

Hey it's been awhile - how the heck are you? I wouldn't think Denny would want to go more than 265 front and 285 rear on the stock wagon wheels. As you say the Z06 widths 9.5 front and 10.5 rear are the way to go for fatter tires.

Remo:cool

Hey Remo, currently running HRE 547's my friend got with a Lingenfelter package, thought you'd like that. They have Lingenfelter center caps. Best part is I got'em for free.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom