Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

advice & ideas for luggage

H

HOOHA

My wife & I bought our first Corvette a couple weeks ago, a beautiful 2004 Commemorative Edition and we are in need some seasoned advice & ideas for luggage that will support two people for a couple days on the road.

Of course the roof panel won’t be able to be locked down like it’s designed too but I think I’ve heard that people are able to toss a couple golf bags in the rear and easily wrap the roof panel in a towel/blankets and still be able to see out the rear view mirror.

I thought you all would be able to give me the best ideas & direction, so if you could spare a minute or two, please share your thoughts with us.

Thank you!
Mark

Mark,
One of our sponsors at CAC is MidAmerica Direct. If you go to their website, they have several items of soft-sided luggage with Corvette logos on them. I was thinking of buying one for myself, actually.

-Patrick

I like to use those "Stuff Sacks" that you buy at the camping stores. They are soft enough to squish in between your hard luggage and you can pack them in small spaces or in between the T-tops for cushions.

HOOHA
(now that's an interesting handle !)

Welcome to the CAC.
I don't have the removable roof, so I can't offer any good advice. I've found that a couple of smaller duffle bags works better than one giant piece of luggage.

congrats on the 04 CE!

Tammy

soft-sided luggage, nylon sport bags and such. It's amazing just how much you can pack into one of these things.

Grocery Bags!

The Redneck's dilemma when packing: paper or plastic!

Check eBay. I've nailed a couple of the quite expensive embroided C5 logo leather duffles at very attractive (i.e.: cheap!) bids. They are very sharp.

I tried to attach a photo, but I have never managed to get it right...

The most important thing is to be totally organised. Know where everything is, if you need to find something that is packed in your Vette... there isn't a lot of room to open cases and bags to locate stuff.

Keeping the roof on I managed a long weekend with a medium sized dog kennel for the 2 dachunds, one each duffle bag for the wife and I, the doogies' travel bag (food, dog dish, poop bags) and a medium sized cooler. You'd be surprised on how much stuff you can put in the back. You just can't take the roof off until you get to your destination and unpack.

Don't forget about the compartments in the floor. They hold much more than you would think.
Especially if you don't have the 12-disc changer built in the center compartment. That one holds an awful lot. We used that for the stuff we may need, but wouldn't need to take out and into the motel every night. The net in the back holds quite a bit, too.

Have fun!:lou

I use soft sided "gear bags" I bought on Ebay you can pack a lot in the back of a coupe. I even brought home a whole hog from the butchers :L

DSC02205.JPG

Go Naked! :W

bossvette said:
thats only in C3s there is not enough room for anybodys luggage in them ;LOL

I can fit plenty in the back of mine.... I can do grocery shopping for a week for two people!

I actually just wanted a reason to post the little :W dude again. I think this is the best smiley on the CAC!

:W ;LOL

we always ended up going grocery shopping whenever we went out for a ride that usually meant loading up the back of the car then loading up my wifes lap
cocogroc.jpg

now with the C5 we can fit much more and the bill is much bigger :W:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom