Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aerobody Nose Mask

T

TurboLuigi

Anyone know where I can buy one or can recommend a shop that will make a custom one??? (It's a long drive for me to Carlisle)

Thanks,

Luigi

I talked to Callaway a while ago. They told me they don't fabricate them anymore and that I would need to find a shop to make a custom one.

If anyone knows wherelse I can get one, please let me know.

Thanks,

Luigi

You're Driving?!?!...

:eek :bu

Luigi - I thought you were taking the auto train? Did all the recent Amtrak wrecks change your mind? Can't say that I'd feel too safe having my car on a train either!

I actually have an Aerobody nose mask at home still in the box. I can't remember who makes it. I'll look tonight.

When Amtrak management makes statements like.... "we're one derailmentaway from bankrupcy" and this was before any government assistance, I quickly came to my senses and ditched that idea :)

If you're interestend in selling that mask let me know. Otherwise any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Luigi

Cleartastic

See about contacting a company called "Cleartastic" as they "were" going to look into this for me, about an Aerobody mask "kit". I would see if they can sell you some bulk "film" and it static clings to the body panels. Do a keyword search if the www.cleartastic.com thing dosent work (been a while since I looked) Post your conclusions. See ya in August!
...Thanks for reminding me, I have a red bra "on it's way" (but like 90Callaway, I would have to check the mfr.)

Here's what I've got...

The Callaway Aeromask (that's what they call it) is made by a company called CalBra. I could not find an address on the box because it has some damage from where it was taped up. It was shipped from Callaway (to the original owner). On the directions it says "Manufactured exclusively for Callaway Cars, Inc., Old Lyme, CT. So this is the one they used to (?) sell. There is a phone number to call the manufacturer with problems. I tried it and it's not in service. I guess they're out of business?

The only other company that comes to mind is Speed Lingerie. They make really nice color coordinated nose masks for big $$$$. I have no idea if they've got a pattern for an Aerobody. The do have a link to request new products though!

http://www.speedlingerie.com/

As far as mine, you'd have to make me an offer I could not refuse. What do you think will be on the front of my car on the way to Carlisle? :t

Folks, I had checked out cleartastic before. If I recall is addition to having to cut out the material there is some liquid you have to put on before the clear material. They claimed it was not glue but I am staying away from that until I hear from others who have tried it first.

I did get in touch with Speed Lingerie and they make them, so I have one on order. However, it probably won't make it before I leave on the trip. Oh well!...

BTW, here is a sample pic of the nose mask they make. It's pricey @ $549.99 but they do match (sortof) the color of the car.

Luigi

Wow...

That Speed Lingerie mask looks awesome! It better for the price though! I haven't tried putting mine on yet but I don't think it's of the same quality.

i have one i do not use

i never use it. ill sell it. make a offer. this is a original callaway aerobody bra

Well I actually received the SpeedLingerie Nose Mask a couple of days ago but my car is in storage at the moment due to a (seemingly eternal) driveway construction project going on at my house. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to drive over there and put it on to see how it looks.

Luigi
:cool

TurboLuigi said:
Hopefully I will have time this weekend to drive over there and put it on to see how it looks.

Luigi

We want pictures!!! It better look great for what the damn thing costs!

Hi Luigi,
I have a nose mask(BRA?) made by Speed Lingerie for the Callaway Aerobody. It is in your color - Turquoise Metallic - and it is still in the box! Cost $550. I'll sell it for $400. Let me know if you're interested. - Chuck Kyle - 90B2K.

Chuck,

I also bought one from Speedlingerie last year prior to Carlisle for the drive up but they didn't deliver it until November :mad

It fits well but I hardly ever put it on. After spending the money I guess I should.

Thanks though!

-Luigi

TurboLuigi said:
Anyone know where I can buy one or can recommend a shop that will make a custom one??? (It's a long drive for me to Carlisle)

Thanks,

Luigi

I've got one from Callaway that has never been on the car. I'll let you have it for $125 plus shipping.

I'm saving up for the Speed Lingerie version but at $500 plus, it will be a while.

E-mail - William_Chunn@msn.com

HoldHard

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom