Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aerobody Owners - Do you have a license plate lamp?

jonstr

I had the Speedster up on the lift tonight and found the remains of a lamp socket that looks like it had been riding on the mufflers for a while. Based on the location, the wire colors, and the 91 Corvette wiring diagrams, I believe this is the license plate lamp socket, however there is no lamp housing on the car. There is a single large hole centered above the license plate (with two smaller holes for mounting screws), but it doesn't appear to have ever had a lamp housing mounted in it - the holes are clean, no evidence of screws being installed (no marks/scratches).

Is this correct, or did they forget to re-install the license plate lamp?

Jon, you should have a lic. plate lamp installed - here are a couple pics. I hope this helps :beer

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jon, you should have a lic. plate lamp installed - here are a couple pics. I hope this helps :beer

Thanks! That's what I figured. Interesting that those two in your photos look very different, yet both are (in theory) 1991s. It will be interesting trying to figure out what housing fits. The overall configuration on mine looks more like the Speedster photo. I guess I'll start with a stock '91 housing and see what it looks like.

Thanks! That's what I figured. Interesting that those two in your photos look very different, yet both are (in theory) 1991s. It will be interesting trying to figure out what housing fits. The overall configuration on mine looks more like the Speedster photo. I guess I'll start with a stock '91 housing and see what it looks like.

Oops, I take that back. Mine looks smaller, like the '91 B2K in the photo.

P2119205.jpg

attachment.php

Thanks! That's what I figured.

I guess I'll start with a stock '91 housing and see what it looks like.

Jon, check out these two pics - one is a stock body Callaway (1989) and the other is an AeroBody Callaway (1989)

Both use the same housing - AeroBody "cut-out" is smaller though, than the "GM" opening ;squint:

I hope this helps :beer

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes!! Looks like my 81 corvette has the same licenseplate light and screws as on a aerobody! :D

Groeten Peter.

On the C4's there are two rear lamp assys. One is for the license plate and one is for the spare tire. I do not know if Callaway removed the assy. since you do not have the spare tire assy. They were powered up differently-but were the same housing. Hope that helps.

On the C4's there are two rear lamp assys. One is for the license plate and one is for the spare tire. I do not know if Callaway removed the assy. since you do not have the spare tire assy. They were powered up differently-but were the same housing. Hope that helps.

That's a really good point :cool

On my Ruby car w/ center exhaust, it has a wire hanging, wrapped around the sub-structure where the bumper core would have been...

It has a lic. plate light as show in the AeroBody pics above (like the red car) but no spare tire lamp.

Eventually, C4's stopped using spare tire lamps entirely

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to take a look at that. Either way, I'm missing the license lamp, but I guess I'd better make sure I hook up the right wires to it when I get it. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom