Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

After 6 weeks

Larry's Yellow Rdstr

Corvette
05 black cpe-Porsche GT3
6 weeks ago I bought a 2005 coupe and now that I've had a chance to really get aquainted with the car I have a few comments.
GM used the cheapest plastic parts they could find inside the car.
Center console lock is plastic and it is broken.
Vanity mirror lid hinges are plastic and they are broken
Ash tray is plastic and it is broken and will not stay shut.
HVAC vents are plastic and will be broken shortly
Car has a bad case of bump steer
Roof continues to snap, crackle and pop after dealer fix.
Telescoping steering column is broken, dealer says plastic gears

I really like driving the car but the roof noise takes away all the joy.
Left it at a local dealer for 2 full days and all they did was put 14 miles on the car and did not fix anything.

I'll bet if GM spent an extra $100.00 on each Corvette in upgrading to a better quality plastic most of these "problems" would disappear. With the economy of scale GM enjoys the improvements could be done before the car hits the street.

Comments?

Sorry for your troubles,

Was this a used car or brand new?

IH2Lose
It was a used car, one owner who freeway commuted about 60 miles per day. I traded a 2004 in on it. I love driving the car and the problems will be corrected, I hope. Next one will be new and I'm hoping GM upgraded the problem areas.

Again Sorry for your troubles

The reason I asked if it was used ,is I went to look at a used 05 with for a freind , we found allot of cracked plastic and problems with the car especial wind noise.

We had a car fax done only to find the car had been in an accedent.

apprently it was not put back together so well.

Best of luck getting things sorted out.

Not a great way to experience the C6. Hope things work out with the car.

THE roof issue is under recall.
Vette's have always had cheap plastics,look at the c5's and the c6 plastic will seem like royalty!!I agree,they could've done better,but they have a tendency to get away with as much as they can before doing anything about it!The c6 is still far superior to the c5 in every way!The plastic issue notwithstanding!The ashtray is a matter of a spring in there...it's always the 2 cent part that breaks the 2 million dollar machine,so to speak...

Sorry to hear that. My transparent panel has started to creak but othe than that I still get wood anytime I drive my 05 Z 51 C6, especially with Nazareth's Razamanazz playing

Maybe a Merc SL55 AMG is in order here? Not much plastic in those babies.

I am sorry about your troubles with the plastic. I have owned three C4s and the interiors have held together.

I think the General cannot keep the lid on the price with more expensive materials. We and the rest of the world say the C6 is the most bang for the buck. If the price was raised......

SAVE THE :w

The plastics in the interior of my '02 C5 don't come across with the "quality" look and feel of my '05 Accord. Better than my C4s tho. Funny, Honda can do a nice job with plastics and GM can't because????????? Of course my temp control display doesn't display anything behind its PLASTIC face, luverly. DFO :eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom