Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket exhaust system recommendation?

Jeff,

I bet your rear is higher then mine... Just compare the pictures dude. Top of my rear fascia is almost at the same lever with the hood. Look at yours, the rear is remakably higher than the hood. :cry I want it like yours :cry :cry :cry

Tell me how did you do this???

Cheers,

Selim

SSTibet said:
Jeff,

I bet your rear is higher then mine... Just compare the pictures dude. Top of my rear fascia is almost at the same lever with the hood. Look at yours, the rear is remakably higher than the hood. :cry I want it like yours :cry :cry :cry

Tell me how did you do this???

Cheers,

Selim
Take a picture of your car at the same angle as his... it will look the same.

SSTibet said:
Jeff,

I bet your rear is higher then mine
Cheers,

Selim
Hey none of that kind of talk...;LOL

Like he said..it's just the angle of the pic. My rear sits just like yours! :L

speaking of stance , my 90 sits up just a bit in the rear, is this normal or has it been altered? Looks to me like SSTibet's sits near level . Or is his rear sagging? ;)

:w

G Winter said:
speaking of stance , my 90 sits up just a bit in the rear, is this normal or has it been altered? Looks to me like SSTibet's sits near level . Or is his rear sagging? ;)

:w

I'm sure it's just the angle of the shot, like Jeff said.

JEFNLSA said:
Hey none of that kind of talk...;LOL
Jeff, I must have used a slang without knowing... As you know I am Turkish and do not have very good command of English... Poor me :( :( :( No intentions my friend.

Cheers,

Selim

brock71 said:
I just installed the aluminized chambered exhaust I bought at Carlisle last Summer. Haven't driven it yet (NE Ohio Winter), but it sounds great! I also put on a new front Y without cats and put in a new main cat.

Allen's Stainless Exhaust
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]US 24 West P.O. Box 736, Logansport, Indiana 46947[/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](574) 722-7272 FAX: (574) 722-4066[/font]​
Where did you get your front y w/o cats? How much? I'm thinking of going that route myself. I was going to have headers made at Stainless works in Ohio but they practically doubled the price they had quoted me after I agreed to have them do the job. Most of the local shops don't want to install headers I'm not attempting it. Did you go with a hi-flow cat or the regular one?

SSTibet said:
Jeff, I must have used a slang without knowing... As you know I am Turkish and do not have very good command of English... Poor me :( :( :( No intentions my friend.

Cheers,

Selim
No sweat pal...it just sounded kinda funny :L the way you said it. Actually considering your locale/dialect, you really do speak quite well. You even have the "dudes" and "bros" down!

I'm getting ready to post more pics and you'll see that our cars "sit" essentially the same. I loved the stance of my sig pic; that's why I posted it. Try some pics of your car from different angles. I think I was kneeling when I took that one.

See ya,
Jeff :w

Jeff,

Thanks for the compliment; I pick a few words here and there for the slangs. However I refrain from using them often in order to save myself trouble. And the less one practices the foreign language the worse it gets. Slangs are no exception.

I will shoot a few pictures from a similar angle. The picture of your car was taken from a lower position; you are right. I can see the t-top on mine and only the edge in yours.

Cheers "buddy"

Selim

flowmasters vs. magnaflow

anyone know what each muffler produces for hp?

87blackroxi said:
anyone know what each muffler produces for hp?

I've seen hp and torque figures. I'll try to dig them up and post them today.

Magnaflow

If you don't mind me asking...how much did you pay for the Magnaflows from Performance Peddlers? Thanks!

Joe Deb Vette said:
If you don't mind me asking...how much did you pay for the Magnaflows from Performance Peddlers? Thanks!

I paid $330 shipped. Told them that I was a CAC member and that I heard that I could get them for around that price if I called and...voila!
Worth every penny...
Were delivered in 3 days...
Stainless Steel for that price...you can't beat it! :D

Jeff,

That sounds damn good! It has that classic muscle car sound to it!:D

Edmond said:
Jeff,

That sounds damn good! It has that classic muscle car sound to it!:D

Thx Edmond :D

It really was the exhaust note that I was after. I do see myself adding some headers eventually (for the performance gain) but in the interim I'm good w/ this.

FWIW...Doing the "exhaust" as well as the "air" really seemed to wake the car up. After doing these mods I am a firm believer that they are worth the money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom