Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Exhaust ??

Corvette
1969 Black Coupe
After Market Exhaust ??

We have a 2001 Roadster and looking to upgrade the exhaust. I was leaning towards one of the systems from B & B Fabricating. Any experience with the PRT or RT 66 systems?? I would want as little in car noise as possible.
Also who would be your preferred supplier of such a system??

Thanks
Mike

Mike if you really want "No Resonance" I'd go with the Corsa's ..

:) :cool

Exhaust

Mike,
I had a set of B&B Sports (shorter muffler than the 66) on a 2001 Coupe. Loved the sound, but they did resonate around 1,400rpm and I eventually pulled them off. I would not recommend them for someone that doesn't want any interior noise.

I currently have PRT's on a 2002 Z06. Very aggressive sound, and although they tend to resonate around the same rpm, the gearing of the Z06 keeps me away from that range when highway cruising in 6th gear. Again, would not recommend these as a match for what you are after.

The Corsa's are typically the only system that truly have no resonance. Corsa has a "quiet" system and a louder system, I believe they are called Touring and Pace, respectively.

I've purchased from Don in the past, he's been a distributor for Corsa for some time now and can get you a set. Customer service is tops.

Mike, I swapped my 02 exhaust for a Z06 exhaust which is titanium, has larger tips and gives a little more meat to the sound while still sounding fairly stock, not to mention that they can be bought nearly new for a lot less money.

Hi there,

After extensive research, I decided to go with the Corsa Indy Pace car system. It is GM approved and it is awesome. At crusing speed it is nice and quiet, however, once I stomp the gas, it roars like a lion!!

r1_addict said:
Hi there,

After extensive research, I decided to go with the Corsa Indy Pace car system. It is GM approved and it is awesome. At crusing speed it is nice and quiet, however, once I stomp the gas, it roars like a lion!!

Concur.

r1 addict

Did you ever get the Corsa Indy Pace car system, and are you happy with it?

Thanks

Mike, did you get the Corsa's & how do you like them?

I have a Bassani and the sound is just great. I get stopped often by other C5 owners wanting to know what exhaust is installed.

I had the Corsa Touring system installed last Friday and love it. No interior noise but a noticeable change under accleration.
Thanks for everyones advice/opinions.

Mike
2001 Yellow Convertible
1969 Black Coupe

As is noted above, if interior noise and lack of resonance is critical to you, the ONLY choice is Corsa. Some in these forums may report no resonance with other systems (and I believe them) but Corsas are the only system that is truly rsonance free.

The exhaust note on the Corsas is unique - some characterize it as "European" and the idle sound has been described as sounding like a motorboat.

But - during normal crusing even the louder Pace Car (also called Indys in these forums) system is as unobtrusive as stock. At WOT they absolutely scream! Other systems sound more like traditional muscle cars than the Corsas, but you are likely to suffer resonance.

I highly recommend the x-pipe to tame popping and to reduce the "motorboat gurgle" at idle.

Exhaust choices are one of the most subjective issues on these forums and I am sure that fans of Borla, GHL, etc will chime in.

It may be obvious by now, but I love my Corsas. I got an unexpected 10 RWHP after installation to boot.

Once again, and as always - Just my $0.02

Lets pile on - I have had the Corsa Touring Edition for just less than a month now (along with the Corsa x-pipe) and I am completely satisfied. Even the service staff at the dealer comment on the absence of resonance, the quiet idle, and the absence of gurgle. It even looks great, too....

Re: After Market Exhaust ??

winnipeg69 said:
We have a 2001 Roadster and looking to upgrade the exhaust. I was leaning towards one of the systems from B & B Fabricating. Any experience with the PRT or RT 66 systems?? I would want as little in car noise as possible.
Also who would be your preferred supplier of such a system??

Thanks
Mike
From your description it sounds like a corsa touring system that will meet your needs.

I'd shop around the various internet vendors for the best pricing..

I'd guess around 700? give or take a few dollars...

I would have to agree with JBsC5 - the Corsa Touring system will meet your requirement for minimum noise inside the car. You should also consider the Corsa x-pipe as well at the time you do the install.

I have been to the Corsa site and absotively love the sound of the Pace Car exhaust.

How close are the sounds on their site to what they actually sound like?

And, is it possible to have them delivered through the mail? Since I am stationed in Germany, I can only get things delivered through the mail.

The cheapest I have found is $815 from Xtreme Motorsports.

Randy,

Tried replying to the questions you e-mailed me. For whatever reason, the SMTP server rejected your address. I'll cut and paste it here. I also see no reason you can't receive them through the mail; I got mine FedEx'd though. Here's the message I tried to send:

Randy,
Sorry I took so long to reply; haven't checked my home e-mail for a few days.
Love the pace car exhaust. It has a distinctive idle sound, it's quiet at cruise with no resonance, and it roars when you step on it. I've been asked several times (mostly by Camaro and Mustang drivers) what kind of exhaust I have. I did have one problem a few months after I installed them. I was getting a serious vibration sound coming from the passenger side muffler. It sounded like a loose baffle, but Corsa's don't have baffles. Contacted Corsa and shipped it back for replacement which took longer than I expected so I was unable to drive the 'Vette because I only had one muffler; I was going through withdrawal. Finally got it back and have been happy since. All it cost was the shipping to Corsa. I don't want to end on a negative note. I would recommend them to all 'Vette owners.
Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the reply. I would love to put that exhaust on my car. It has a great sound that reminds me of a Ferrari. Hopefully I can convince a reseller to mail it to me!

yellow_2002_germany, the actual sound of the Corsa exhaust as installed is very close to what is on the corsaperf.com website.

Regarding getting it to you, just ask each reseller if they can break it down into separate boxes where each box can be fit inside of a mail bag. You should be able to find at least one reseller that will break down the package to fit in individual mail bags. However, if you strike out, then I would suggest contacting Corsa directly. They (Corsa) were VERY helpful when I ordered an exhaust tip direct from them for my 2003 Yukon Denali. (They were very willing to process a single quantity order and the order actually arrived ahead of the delivery date that was quoted when I placed the order.)

I am an unappologetic fan of Corsa - their products really work. I am not knocking other companies; I have just had really great experience with Corsa.

Exhaust Trade

I have a stock exhaist system on my vette now and it is just not loud enought to suit my needs i need LOUD! I was curious that is possibly someone wanted to trade an aftermarket system for my stock system. My car is a 97 Vette with 9,000 miles on it. Im in the Boston area is anyone is really interested. Also how hard is it to bolt on new exhasut is it possible to do it in my driveway or is a lift required. Well let me know if your interested.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom