Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! aftermarket f.i. to replace crossfire injection

evanst88220

Corvette
82 2-tone blue coupe
my 82 vette has become problematic with hard starting ( way rich on start-up) & poor gas mileage. since the car is now 30 years old & crossfire injection is a primitive system at best, I'm wondering if it would be feasible to swap to an aftermarket F. I. ( like holley projection). Since these systems are intended for vehicles that are presently carbureted, would this be feasible? Would I leave the stock ecm intact? would this affect my 700r4? And, would any of the commonly available systems fit under the hood on a zz/4 intake ?

Nothing wrong w the Xfire if maintained. Actually, pretty reliable system. Look at how many of them used on trucks. If u r keeping motor stock. I would just re-build system.

1st welcome to CAC !!!!!
CrossFire Injection Mine
check out this link...
it will help you getting your crossfire running and starting correctly!!!

I would say; first let somebody that knows crossfires rebuild and maybe mod the two injection units. There even is a new intake manifold special for crossfires that gives a very good upgrade. You can alter and mod a crossfire so far it can tear up your 700R4 and diff in seconds. So before you're thinking about something else and how to correct problems from a system that isn't perfectly sync with a 82 corvette, find your how much a rebuild is! :)

Greetings Peter

I agree, nothing wrong with the Xfire if maintained and if you tune it correctly along with fuel pump up grade then ditching the 30 year old cats it will run like a stripped ape! All together it's a pretty reliable system I would just re-build system. (Good luck)

my 82 vette has become problematic with hard starting ( way rich on start-up) & poor gas mileage. since the car is now 30 years old & crossfire injection is a primitive system at best, I'm wondering if it would be feasible to swap to an aftermarket F. I. ( like holley projection). Since these systems are intended for vehicles that are presently carbureted, would this be feasible? Would I leave the stock ecm intact? would this affect my 700r4? And, would any of the commonly available systems fit under the hood on a zz/4 intake ?

If you are going to install an aftermarket F.I. system, make sure that it is a sequential multi-port system (which is differnt than a batch fired multi-port system) that has an injector for each individual intake valve or you will see no benefit. Throttle body or batch fired MPI injection systems will not gain you anything over the crossfire injection that you have now, and fixing yours would be better in my opinion than adding to your vehicle what you essentially already have. Good luck with your chioce. :)

Crossfireinjection.net is the solution and will help you. You do not wanna retrofit a kit too much of a headache witht he wiring harness. If you had a carb setup and wanted fuel injection, i would suggest msd. It is the easiest and best hands down. But spend some cash, do some maintence and upgrades from crossfire injection and have a simple reliable injection system. Plus they have upgrades to support a 383 stroker 400hp.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom