Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Aftermarket Raido

LeeAnsell

Corvette
1988 L98 Coupe
Im puttting a aftermarket raido in my corvette everything seam to work on the raido but can't get any sound out the speakers. Has anyone done this before?

I have not done it but I've read about it before. Did you change the speakers too? I believe your speakers are amplified and specific to the Bose system that came in your car. Unless your new radio is designed to work them, you'll also likely have to change them also. If doing that, you'll want to run new wires to the speakers also.

You'll likely want to do further research on your audio system to get it to work.

Aftermarkel Radio

I have not done it but I've read about it before. Did you change the speakers too? I believe your speakers are amplified and specific to the Bose system that came in your car. Unless your new radio is designed to work them, you'll also likely have to change them also. If doing that, you'll want to run new wires to the speakers also.

You'll likely want to do further research on your audio system to get it to work.

I did some more research on the Bose system and found a connector on line that will work with any aftermarket raido and run the Bose spekers.
Thanks for the response on this post.

Last edited:
I did some more research on the Bose system and found a connector on line that will work with any aftermarket raido and run the Bose spekers.
Thanks for the response on this post.

Here is the connector if you ever need it.
SKU: 655126
1984-1989 Bose Speaker Interface

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom