Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! air bag cover steering wheel

sammyrosado

Corvette
Hello guys. I have a concern regarding to my 2003 Corvette. A couples years ago I applied a high gloss liquid protectant to all interiors color black and few months ago
I noticed that the steering wheel air bag cover is loosing its color, even with soft hand touch, the steering wheel paint can get stuck in my fingers. I would like to know it this situation is related to the protectant liquid or maybe if associated with the humidity, also I would like to know how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot. My regards.

Never heard of an OEM finish coming off like that, protectant or not. On the other hand refinished (spray painted) interior finishes sometimes lift off when protectants are used.

Hello guys. I have a concern regarding to my 2003 Corvette. A couples years ago I applied a high gloss liquid protectant to all interiors color black and few months ago
I noticed that the steering wheel air bag cover is loosing its color, even with soft hand touch, the steering wheel paint can get stuck in my fingers. I would like to know it this situation is related to the protectant liquid or maybe if associated with the humidity, also I would like to know how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot. My regards.

It sure sounds like what ever you put on is coming back off. The OEM finish will not do what you have described by itself, it would need help from an outside source if it did. I would remove what ever you put on it asap. BTW, what is it that you installed on the cover? Good luck with it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom