Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Air Conditioner Problem...

S

showman

1984...I'll be driving and the cold air will go away for maybe a 15 seconds or even a couple minutes, then comes back just chilly as can be. Doesn't happen all the time.

Sometimes when I rev the engine it'll bring it back.

??? Thanks!

It might be just a little low on freon. Hanging on the edge. Could also be a faulty high or low pressure limit switch.

Glenn
:w

I've seen that before....air keeps blowing....compressor keeps running, everything seems the same except the vent air temp is more like outside air for several seconds

I am not certain, but it seems like the blend-door is allowing some outside air to pass.Like the system was set on "vent". Makes me wonder because what I experienced could also be corrected by throttle or a bump in the eng vac by stepping on the gas briefly, just a quick push of the pedal to make the eng surge. The cold air returns instantly.

Programmer? leaking vac line? faulty blend door actuator?

I'm not sure what to do about it but I am familiar the problem. I am sure going to do some research in the FSM and see if I can track it down. Its annoying without a/c for 10 seconds and it takes 10 minutes to recover in the cabin. 100+ lately with 80% humidity...That a/c needs to stay on as long as the car's running!

Ca should be getting a Santa Ana condition this week...turns so-cal into so-tex for a few days....

You've got a vacuum leak somewhere or a faulty check valve on the vacuum source to the HVAC!!:thumb

You've got a vacuum leak somewhere or a faulty check valve on the vacuum source to the HVAC!!:thumb

Thanks Junkie, I am having the same problem, just have not had a chance to chase it down..

C4 Vette.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom